Fins, Fins, Everywhere Fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDan25

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok I will keep it short and sweet. Currently I have a single Cressi-Sub Pro Light. I am needing a new pair of fins. I lost it last year on my first Ocean dive of the season as Tropical Storm Arlene began to churn the might waters of the gulf and luckily one of the crew let me borrow a pair fins (don't remember the brand)....oops I said short....anyways....I am needing a new pair. I liked the Cressi-Sub Pro Lights but....wasn't overly thrilled either. I have been looking at Genesis Response, Cressi-Sub Rondine or Mares Avanti Quattro. I don't want to above 100 but probably not below 50. Any thoughts. :confused:

Get Scubapro Jet Fins. They are ugly but they are amazing in the water. I had Cressi Rondines but they absolutely sucked compared to the Jet Fins. Way easier on the calves just IMHO an absolutely amazing fin compared to anything else out there.

The new Aeris Mako fins is getting great reviews and the divers that have used them have loved them. They're only $69.95 too, that's a great price for a dive fin. Lots of great choices out there. The Aeris Velocity is a Tester's Choice and Best Buy from Scubalab.

If you don't want to pay a lot, but want a split fin, the lowest price for a well rated split is $129 for the Tusa Expert Zoom (Tester's Choice).

Give em a look and see what you think. It all boils down to personal opinion once you put them on and try them.

If you have any questions let me know, we test dive our gear so we can help answer customers questions.

Good luck!

Britt :fish:

I've heard great things about the Mares Volo Power but it's over $100. The new Mako is getting great reviews but i haven't been diving with them and they're a lot less $.
I dive the Atomic Split fins but they are a lot more expensive.

Good luck!

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster
I love www.CrazyScuba.com, they saved me LOTS of scuba money! :sappy:

My father-in-law dives the scuba pro split fins but he got a great instructor deal on those. I am looking to order some this weekend. I live in downtown Chicago with no car so I can't frequent a LDS. I appreciate all the great advice and I will check out your website too.

I would go with the Mares Avanti Q's. I have had both them and the cressi's. The Cressi's felt really stiff compared to the Mares. The Mares cup the water better therefore delivering more thrust.Very comfortable. BTW: Buy them from Leisurepro. Cheap and who needs warranty on fins?

Yeah no warranty needed especially if you lose one in the Open Ocean!! LOL

DiverDan25:
Yeah no warranty needed especially if you lose one in the Open Ocean!! LOL

Speaking of that....Isn't a fin just the most annoying thing to lose? If you lose a mask, you lost a mask and you get a new one. If you lose a fin, the old one is still there to remind you that you lost the other one. What the heck are you going to do with the other fin? It is perfectly good with its twin but alone it is worthless.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom