Fins and boots for wide feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My feet are only 10 1/2 but very wide. Are there any fins and boots that run wide? I bought Atomic Aquatics 'Smoke on the water' size Large fins and tried them on with 3mm reef dive slippers and they were uncomfortably tight. I couldn't imageine diving for an hour or so with cramped feet. The size 10 Blue Reef dive slippers were also too narrow with my pinky toe bulging out on the side of the slipper. Thanks for any recommendations.

boots- go up one size maybe too you should be fine on width, just try a bunch on until you find one that works.

fins- I can't wear Atomics, they are crap fins anyway, those stupid panels will fall out eventually and leave you stranded. If you really want splits, get good one piece fins made from quality materials, the Apollo Bio-Fin is a much much better fin. Their foot pockets are more comfortable for me as well. But that being said, for the same money or less get a pair of Force Fin Pros. Get XL unless you chose booties with thick soles then get XXL. They will easily move your more comfortably and more efficiently than the Bio-fins not to mention the improvements that you will have in maneuverability and ease of packing.

I'll also give a vote for Deep See. I wear the 5mm Echo zip boots. I'm a 9 1/2 EE and the size 10 boot works for me. FYI..... costs less than $30.00.

Thanks!

I went with the split Apollo Bio Fins with the steel strap and wow are they comfortable. Depending on the shoe or sneeker I need up to a 6E and these give me plenty of room even with a 3mm bootie.

I really don't have anything else to compare them to but they seem to propel me just fine. I'm still getting used to the different kicking style. When snorkeling however they do float which is awkward. I guess they're really not for snorkeling so I guess that doesn't matter since I bought them for diving. When I start the divemaster training and have to do the timed swimming with fins I guess I would need different fins, ones that don't float.

Thanks again.

Gee, if you wear 6E shoes, are you sure you really need fins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom