Finished Open Water Cert today... had some surprises!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone!!
Our next dive is planned for next month actually - but if it was solely up to me I would be back in the water tomorrow.

We're doing a 7 day trip to a Sandals resort in Jamaica and planning to dive as much as possible.

Riger: I did see the thread and I have been reading it, thanks for the tip.

Congratulations on becoming an official diver. Just 1 word of advice for you, Buy your own gear. Divers who have their own gear substancially dive more than divers who don't. It's the best way to get the most out of your new skill and you can set it up for your own personal preferences. See ya down there.

Rig became lighter when tank was 2/3 full...did you use aluminum tank by any chance?

A diver that I went with this last weekend was perfectly weighted at the beginning of the dive became extremely light at the end of the dive because the rental aluminum tank is now a balloon.

I think the tank was steel... but I'm not positive. It had some pretty good weight to it when carrying it on land.
It was 2/3 empty when I popped to the surface... I don't know if it was the tank, or just a moment of poor bouyancy control.

Here is a quick picture from the second day of diving... I'll post more up in the right section once I get home and edit them all down to size.
quarrymay012.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom