Finished my Tec 2 training today, with special guest Richie Kohler...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Did dive 12 of my Tec training today and passed with flying colors.

Dove off the Independence II out of Pt Pleasant NJ . Showed up to the boat to find that Richie was one of the crew for today. Always good to see that he's still a Jersey wreck diver at heart! We headed out to the Lillian on a rainy, foggy NJ spring morning.

lillian_3.jpg

lillian_2.jpg

Most of the wreck has collapsed, with the exception of the bow, which is festooned with fishing nets. She is relatively deep at 150' and far from shore and is dived infrequently. Visibility is generally pretty good, and the Lillian routinely gives up some big lobsters. (Including a certain 4lb'er on my second dive today!) The wreck was also littered with scallops, and I mean EVERYWHERE. Not just out in the sand but in and on the wreck. Between the 8 of us diving there must have been 150 scallops brought up. Interesting to have dozens and dozens of shells rain down on you while others are shucking scallops while you're doing 37min of deco stops!

My two dives today were also my first Tri-Mix dives. Interesting to actually see the entire wreck and be able to take it all in. I feel the Dark Side calling even louder now!

:D

Did dive 12 of my Tec training today and passed with flying colors.

Dove off the Independence II out of Pt Pleasant NJ . Showed up to the boat to find that Richie was one of the crew for today. Always good to see that he's still a Jersey wreck diver at heart! I feel the Dark Side calling even louder now!

:D

RJP,
I am your father...join me and together we can get ALL the scallops!
NIce diving with you too, and congrats on your milestone!

Congrats man - after I finish my DM stuff I want to start TEC diving too!

Hey! Congratulations Ray! What were the conditions like out on the Lillian?

A bit different than when you signed off on my OW card in Boynton Beach a few years ago!

:)

Cold, dark, deep...

Just the way I like it!

Congrats man! Dive safe and just a word of warning... drunken trimix donald duck calls to ex's sometimes get out of control... :) be good

Back
Top Bottom