Fingers crossed for flights to Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The Airport authority just published this which looks promising. Bear in mind this is 'tentative'!

Attachments

• 109693445_2765066640439466_5943242810749959978_o.jpg
    109693445_2765066640439466_5943242810749959978_o.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 134
We have had a month long trip to Curacao planned since last January starting in the 3rd week in September, so this announcement is encouraging for flights from the U.S. We will still keep looking at some alternative locations that are open to travelers from the U.S. - Cozumel, Antigua or staying stateside in Florida, just in case. Hoping that the SCUBA gods allow us make it to Curacao in late September.

So I too would love to come back in September. I read in the rules for those currently allowed that there must be a test done within 72 hours and it must not be a rapid gargle test. I'm wondering if any of the other rapid tests are allowed for those currently open to go. Anyone know?

As far as I am aware we are currently only accepting the swabs to the back of the nose or throat tests. Niether sound too appealing but I guess you've got to do what you've got to do these days.

Post in the curacao chronicle reports that 3 us states on the medium risk list, ct, ny and nj. A glimmer of hope for the resumption of US travel for the winter months.

A glimmer indeed but I guess it really depends on the airlines and demand! My fingers and toes are crossed as well as other bodily parts!

Ok, so I've had the night to think about it. Y'all need to start lobbying the airlines social media accounts, multiple one's if you can BUT we can not be like Aruba where they made the mistake of not insisting on PCR tests before the passengers got on the plane hence their terrible incident and death rate. Our government have done an awesome job keeping the population safe and continue to do so with the extremely difficult challenge of keeping the economy going. We can NOT allow the virus to explode on our beautiful island so PCR TESTS 72 HOURS BEFORE FLYING IS CRITICAL! Is this feasable in the real world?

I don’t know if the tests are feasible in the real world but it’s a move in the right direction, even a reasonable quarantine on return, meaning at home, would be tolerable. Protesting (supposed to have said “pre-testing) will make potential travelers feel safer I think.

While my hopes for my 13th Annual November Pilgrimage have been dashed I am now planning for Feb/March. PCR testing here is now somewhat dependable... as far as lead time and availability it is feasible to institute mandatory testing prior to travel.... at least here in IN. In fact various states such as MA (headed there for a wedding next week) require most all out of state folk to have a negative 72 hr. PCR test or mandatory 14 day quarantine.

Back
Top Bottom