Finding the Pomona at Fort Ross

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDuane

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to find the wreck of the SS Pomona at Fort Ross? I've read some general things and even posted some of what I found in an earlier post, but now I want to dive it. Let me know where you recommend I get in the water, where to swim, etc.

Thanks,

DiverDuane

The last time I was there, the 4th of July the marker bouy hadn't been placed "Yet". I told the ranger that it was middle of summer and asked why. She didn't have an answer. We didn't dive there, because we would have had to drop our gear park the car in the lot then walk back down. It was between 1/4 and 1/2 a mile, plus it was at least 100 yards from where the gear was dropped to the water. Then we wouldn't have had any idea where to go in the cove. I'm sure we could have found something, but it just wasn't worth it.

DiverDuane

MCHRISK:
Great question did you happen to get any answers ? Or dive it yet ?

Swim out to the wash rock near the outside of the big cove. Drop down on the south side ( the side facing the small cove), head in general direction of the small cove and you will find the wreck in about 25' of water. Nothing real significant left except big pieces of stuff. Last time I was there we found the boiler. Its a good dive none the less. Hope this helps.

Scuba Cowboy:
Swim out to the wash rock near the outside of the big cove. Drop down on the south side ( the side facing the small cove), head in general direction of the small cove and you will find the wreck in about 25' of water. Nothing real significant left except big pieces of stuff. Last time I was there we found the boiler. Its a good dive none the less. Hope this helps.

Thanks alot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom