Finding the deeper Metridiums near the Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Line ups I use are to Line up with Reeside and swim out until you can see the tip of the breakwater on one side and the large white colored rock near the aquarium on the other side. place your self directly in line with those two points and descend. You should be right over them.

Line up map

That assumes your eyesight is good enough to see that far :D

That assumes your eyesight is good enough to see that far :D

As I learned the hard way, it only works when there is no thick fog. Granted not being able to see any of the lineups I still found the pipe right away! :)

If you are there on the weekend you can always follow the hordes out there :)

This weekend was a great opportunity to check out the whole field as you could see the many of the surrounding rocks. You could have gone from one to the other very easily.

As I learned the hard way, it only works when there is no thick fog. Granted not being able to see any of the lineups I still found the pipe right away! :)
the pipe is the sure fire way to find them, that is if you don't burn all your air just getting to the end of the pipe or stop to watch a rainbow nudi munch on a tube anemone...
img_0299.jpg

I almost sure that if I swam along that pipe, I'd get stuck watching one thing or another before making it out to the end. I might have a small case of diving ADD :D Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom