Finding flights from Canada to Palau, Indonesia, Philipines.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been idly thinking about some Pacific destinations (Palau, Indonesia, Philippines). In all cases (perhaps by coincidence), I've had real trouble finding flights from eastern Canada. I understand it's a long ways a way, but I'm getting $6k and 48h of travel. I have looked on air canada directly and on expedia. Should I be looking in better places? For this kind of "what if" search, I'd prefer not to piece together multiple tickets and that kind of thing. Maybe this is just the lingering / ongoing effects of covid. Or maybe it was always this bad? I thought it was at least cheaper before, if not necessarily shorter.

your easiest flight is to tokyo-guam-palau. Air Canada to tokyo and united the rest of the way. Sometimes you do have to overnight in guam but hotel isn't to bad. If you have aeroplan points you can use it as both air canada and united are in star alliance. It would be a good way to use your points as palau is very expensive flight. I did the points flight to palau about 5 years ago from calgary

Have a look at Google Travel or whatever they are calling it these days.

I have also found Philippine Air does not play well with others. I can fly direct from Vancouver to Manila, but can’t fly from Victoria to Manila connecting to Philippine Air. For some reason can’t make a single ticket even though there are lots of Victoria - Vancouver flights that would easily connect to the direct flight from Vancouver. You may find the same kind of thing from the east.

Have a look at Google Travel or whatever they are calling it these days.

I have also found Philippine Air does not play well with others. I can fly direct from Vancouver to Manila, but can’t fly from Victoria to Manila connecting to Philippine Air. For some reason can’t make a single ticket even though there are lots of Victoria - Vancouver flights that would easily connect to the direct flight from Vancouver. You may find the same kind of thing from the east.
Seems to be https://flights.google.com

PS - For Indonesia don't try to fly on a single ticket to your ultimate destination unless it is Denpasar Bali or Jakarta. Fly to one of those destinations and then purchase a second ticket for the domestic flight within Indo. I pretty much always overnight in one or the other before travelling on. If you try and do it on a single ticket you will find very few flights and the prices are silly. Another option is Monado, but I have never found a good routing from Canada.

your easiest flight is to tokyo-guam-palau. Air Canada to tokyo and united the rest of the way.
Or you could fly to Taiwan. Last I looked (three years ago) there was a direct four hour flight from Taipei to Palau.

I was in Palau in March this year and it was great. A few thoughts:

1) You will have to get to either GUM or MNL to fly to ROR and the flights aren't every day so maybe try moving your dates around a bit.

2) You are probably going to have to make 3 stops (YYZ to West Coast, West Coast to HNL or NRT, then to GUM then to ROR).

3) I usually use Kayak to find flights. Just doing a quick look with a random date of 25 June for the outbound, I found an option that gets you there in 28 hours (see screenshot below).

If you want more info on my trip, all the details are posted at:

I also posted detailed information and photos for each for the caves, wrecks, and reefs that I dove.

- brett

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 6.24.50 PM.png

I was in Palau in March this year and it was great. A few thoughts:

2) You are probably going to have to make 3 stops (YYZ to West Coast, West Coast to HNL or NRT, then to GUM then to ROR).
I should have been more specific. I start in YFC, a small regional airport, so to get YYZ for a 7AM flight I'd have to overnight. I'm basically used to that though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom