Finally made it to San Miguel for year 2012!!! Great dive, blah weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

San Miguel is the westernmost (I think) of the Northern Channel Islands, off the shore of Los Angeles. It's the most challenging, because it's out in the Humboldt current, and exposed. The water is colder, and the winds and currents can be strong. I've only dived there a few times, but I wouldn't call it beginner diving.

If on some blessed day I get there and get good viz, good weather, and flat seas it will be the crown jewel in my diving life. I just don't know if it can happen. We had very flat seas, but 15ft or less viz and no sun. Someday...........

Last edited:
This last trip, other than the first and second dives which were deep and current swept, the other two dives would have been easily done by novices. It's just all depending on the dive sites, wind condition, water current, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom