Finally got my kraken wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogbone

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Finally managed to get my kraken back from service and get it wet. Was kind of a mess when I sent it off, happy with the results so far... Now to get it in something other than a pool lol

Attachments

• PXL_20221029_204606235.jpg
    PXL_20221029_204606235.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 89
Finally managed to get my kraken back from service and get it wet. Was kind of a mess when I sent it off, happy with the results so far... Now to get it in something other than a pool lol
Also wanna thanks to the guys over at diverdowndhr, as they were the ones that put it back together and made it look nice lol.

When was the run of orange ones done?

When was the run of orange ones done?
it wasn't by Bryan at VDH. That's a Cerakote process. So the chrome was eaten off the insides due to poor rinsing procedures before I got it...as such, needed to be re-chromed...Jerrie over at Diverdowndhr was like, well, we have this new process where we coat it in ceramic, just as hard, and lives forever...added bonus, we can make it any color you want...I liked orange...so I got an orange kraken lol...pretty sure it's one of a kind...so super excited about that.

but yeah, seems you can apply the process to pretty much anything. I also had my Freedom plate coated in that picture...will be interested to see how it holds up to wear and tear...but yeah.

it's used a lot in customizing guns it seems...if you live in a large metro, I would bet there's probably at least one shop in your area that can do the process. I have I think 3 here in my town.

Yeah, ceramic for metal, but the can and DSV are "plastic"...

Yeah, ceramic for metal, but the can and DSV are "plastic"...
Apparently you can use the same process on plastic as well lol, idk...I just know I got an orange kraken and dsv now lol.

Damn that looks great once it all together, was a very fun project to do, I happy you like our work, The Mad Scientists at DiverDowndhr

Damn that looks great once it all together, was a very fun project to do, I happy you like our work, The Mad Scientists at DiverDowndhr
Toledo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom