FINALLY got my drysuit wet...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove my dry suit certification in a DUI and I loved it! (Puget Sound in April.. brrrr!!)

My only problem was my feet were freezing in the Rock Boots. I had thick wool ski socks on and had the boots tied on fairly snug. For those of you that use rock boots, what kind of socks are you supposed to wear underneath? I had on DUI undergarments and was toasty the whole dive except for my feet!

I'm going this weekend to buy a drysuit (haven't decided if I'll splurge for a DUI or go with something less expensive) and want to make sure I buy proper footwear, either warmer socks or different boots.

I got my DUI tls350se for ~800 - It doesn't have suspenders or gaiters, and is backzip-but it is all I need really...

Originally posted by doll_fins
My only problem was my feet were freezing in the Rock Boots. I had thick wool ski socks on and had the boots tied on fairly snug.
You definitely need dry gloves....
They will keep your feet much warmer....
Oh... and loose the thick socks and don't tie the boots so tight....
Circulation is the consideration....

Listen to the "Pugster"!!!!!!!!

No blood means no warmth-having ice skated many a day with way too tight hockey skates I can say that if you don't get blood to your toes those piggies will freeze.

I wear the rock boots and as others have stated above, don’t tie them so tight. I use Weezle Extreme undergarment booties and they keep my feet toasty warm in the cold waters of New England

…………..Arduous…………….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom