Finally going to Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon on Maui (literally, we got back 2 days ago) and stayed at the Westin Maui in Ka'anapali. Best resort I've ever seen.

We dove at Molokoni crater with Maui Divers. They were an amazing shop with some great operators. I'd go back to them in a heartbeat.

We also dove with Maui Dive Shop and did the "manta dive". We saw a manta ray from the boat but none in the water. They were a very good operation, but much more geared towards the inexperienced tourist diver.

One other cool thing is the aquarium there does let certified divers in their shark tank on Wednesdays. This includes scalloped hammerheads, blacktip and grey reef sharks, as well as one juvenile tiger shark.

Let me know if you have any other questions, ill give you our whole itinerary of the awesome stuff we did.

Ryan

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

Ryan, I'm curious, where did you find Maui Divers? Where did you catch the boat? I've never heard of them so am very interested to know who you're referring to.

sounds like you had a nice honeymoon with a bit of diving, congrats on your nuptuals!

Ryan, I'm curious, where did you find Maui Divers? Where did you catch the boat? I've never heard of them so am very interested to know who you're referring to.

sounds like you had a nice honeymoon with a bit of diving, congrats on your nuptuals!

Thanks! It was definitely an awesome time. I may have mispoke on my first post, it's Maui Diving, not Maui Divers (not to be confused with Maui Dive Shop, we dove with them a different day).

Maui Diving is in Lahaina, their shop address is
222 Papalaus St
Lahaina, HI 96761

Their website is http://www.mauidiving.com/

The boat leaves out of Maalaea Harbor, slip #23...The Maui Diamond II :)

They are a great operation, for both new divers and experienced divers alike.

Actually Maui Diving doesn't own a boat - they book the Maui Diamond II which is owned by Maui Diamond Sea Sports. Scuba Diving, Snorkeling at Molokini Crater, Turtle Town - Maui - Maui Diamond Sea Sports Maui Dreams Dive Co. in Kihei books them also. Boat Dives - Maui Dreams Dive Co - but are upfront about it.

Maui Diving's "other" listed boat - MAUI Scuba Center/Snorkel Shop.BOAT DIVE Maui,MOLOKINI ,LANAI, Hawaii - is actually Extended Horizons. Scuba Dive Maui 808 667 0611 Scuba Dive Lanai Extended Horizons - Maui's Leading Green Dive Shop - Lahaina, Hawaii

And their glass bottom snorkel boat looks like Quicksilver - Quicksilver Maui Snorkeling Cruise - there's a whole lot of companies that book it.

Personally I find it misleading for them to state:
Our Sixteen passenger dive boat
when it's not their boat. If you look carefully at the picture, you'll see where someone on the Maui Diving website actually photoshopped out the Extended Horizons II name.

IDK why dive operators do that :shakehead: - we have an LDS here that used to book Cat Ppalu in the Bahamas annually. They never let the name be known but it was painfully obvious from the itinerary and pictures of the boat. Now they're advertising a trip to Anthony's Key on Roatan - a very distinctive looking overwater resort - they don't name it either...

Sometimes it's cheaper/easier to book direct. Often it doesn't matter...

Next time you're in West Maui, you might consider Lahaina Divers - you can walk to their boat(s) from their shop on Dickenson downtown. http://www.lahainadivers.com/
Or Extended Horizons ^ leaves from Mala Ramp in that area - the only two operators that do afaik.

Last edited:
Ahhh ok. Then Ill update my statement to the crew of the Maui Diamond II are amazing :)

Sorry for creating any confusion :p obviously I haven't spent much time on Maui haha but we will definitely be going back!

Hey aloha Brandon, when are you coming to Maui? I read almost every post here and I can't seem to find out when you will be here? Accomodations are hard to come by for the next few months but will loosen up a lot in the spring.

Hi. I did the hellfire dive a couple weeks ago and doing molokini next week. I dive with Maui dreams. Great shop and staff. Very friendly. Probably close to the best prices on the island. Hellfire dive you can do in wide range of conditions. Don't need to be wreck diver as just as nothing to go into. Interesting that the guns are still there on the wings. But the gauges have been five fingered away. I also did triple anchors after hellfire which is nice second dive. Triple anchors is nice to see how small you are next to a massive anchor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom