Finally going to do it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's alright. I like seeing what everyone has to say anyway. And lets face it I can just walk over and slap you!!! :eek:

cobaltbabe is right though, things like drinking, smoking, and even caffiene really affect endurance underwater.

mental attitude makes a lot of it though, and her secret is she NEVER panics! (which is one of the reasons I thought she would be a good recruit) :wink:

And I have learned how to control the laughter underwater as well. Canuckdiver is good because he doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to things. We are a good team.

canuckdiver once bubbled...
cobaltbabe is right though, things like drinking, smoking, and even caffiene really affect endurance underwater.

mental attitude makes a lot of it though, and her secret is she NEVER panics! (which is one of the reasons I thought she would be a good recruit) :wink:

I was doing 3 minutes smoking 2 packs a day and drinking plenty of beer at night. I stand by my percentages, its all in the attitude. Comfort level is the most important thing, just like scuba diving.

WW

Honestly I haven't been doing any of it long enough to know. I do know that if I dance and drink and smoke the night before my pool session I have a hard time making 1 minute. Granted most the time I am tired and distracted. If I think about calming things I am fine.

It's called "Mastering Breath-Hold Diving" by Jan G. Neal and Denise Morrissette. Not sure if you can get it but if you're serious about extending your breath-hold time it seems like it would be helpful.
Ber :bunny:

Right now I am starting PADI but I am really interested in the freediving. I appreciate the information.

Diverbuoy,
Are you into free diving as well? We seem to be following each other around this page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom