Finally going to do it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
Well finally after months of talking about it and pool time, I am going to get my padi cert. Start next weekend (much to my dive partners glee) and then by summer I am going to be wreck diving. Fun wow!!! What I am looking for now is any information on freediving. I am getting really interested in that as well. I am only at 1.3 minutes without air but am aiming for 3. Anyone who has any information about free diving, it would be appreciated.

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
I am only at 1.3 minutes without air but am aiming for 3. Anyone who has any information about free diving, it would be appreciated.

3 minutes is tough. Its a big milestone. It took me several years of constant practice to get to 3 and I could only do it occasionally. I know a few people that can do 4. Joe Average can't do 1.

If you can do 3 minutes you should be able to free dive 100 feet.

WW

free diving is no longer free....the government has decided to tax it....please use the term "tax diving" here after...thank you

Now see that is exactly what my DP said but he is scared I will actually make it. I am a very determined person and if I put my mind to it it will happen. So you have any good advice?:confused:

1 minute is quite sufficent....I'm happy with being able to go a minute...I couldn't come near three if I tried...well maybe if I practiced....but why would I want to free-dive in OH....

As for advice...the best thing to do would be to practice and practice....that's the onyl way you're going to exercise and train those lungs and muscles to operate on a limited supply of 02

I am in the pool every weekend. I spend 30 minutes doing laps and the rest is spent under water. :bonk:

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
Now see that is exactly what my DP said but he is scared I will actually make it. I am a very determined person and if I put my mind to it it will happen. So you have any good advice?:confused:

What's a "DP"?

Advice? Sure, practice constantly, in the water is best but not neccesary.

WW

Sorry about that, yes DP is my dive partner. Canuckdiver is mine. We were going to go out this weekend but there was way too much ice. I am in the water as much as possible. When did they start taxing freediving? or are you just pulling my leg?

yep, dive partner :wink:

breath holding is at a good level right now, we are both at just about 1:20 with no exertion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom