Finally finished my Healthways SCUBA restoration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Well, after a year of working on the damn thing I finally finished my HW SCUBA project. Special thanks to Rob at The Scuba Museum for the rubber parts, to Terry (whose Hope-Page conversion to 1.5" hoses I emulated), to BT for his pantyhose trick, to Phil for his exhaust clamp directions, and to all those who gave info on my/our exhaust issues. It has a cracking pressure of 1" H2O and breathes about as well as can be expected.

7vEs5g.jpg

Up71Ek.jpg

vZoI9a.jpg

YlNF0K.jpg

P.S. I started this project and felt compelled to finish it; however, I'll take my Mistral any day! :)

@Sam Miller III

pretty nice love the blue hoses

Fantastic !
just about the only word that comes near to describing this restoration

I never was and still no a fan of Healthways -- but your regulator could change my mind

Happy for you ! Great Job

SAM

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Sam, don't change your mind on my account. The only great breathing HW reg I have ever found is the Gold Label with its venturi assist. I acquired the HW SCUBA mixed in with a bunch of other regs I was given so had to at least try to make it a "diver" as opposed to a wall-hanger. Mark

You cheated with a modern mouth piece.

Yup. I'm not a perfectionist. I'm a get-as-close-as-possible(ist) and then call it a day. :) If anyone has a source for vintage mouthpieces I'd love to know it.

@CT-Rich
Looks almost too pretty to dive. You cheated with a modern mouth piece.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will save @Scuba Lawyer the time in responding

The mouth piece is a 1950s Hope Page second edition non- return mouth piece produced by Healthways in LA California.

Rory Page was the original designer, Charles Hope was Rory's investor= Hope Page
The original unit was black and slightly different configuration r

The unit in the picture was the second unit produced by Healthways owned by Richard Kline

For additional informnation suggest refreeing to my 25 years old article in Historical Diver "Hope Springs Eternal"

SDM 111

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom