My SCUBA Diary - A Lightweight Logbook for Your Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!

After some time there is a new version My SCUBA Diary.

The newest version 2.4 makes it possible to set and edit the bottom temperature and used pressure on dives that do not track that information in their profiles (menu: Logbook -> Edit Dive).

It also extends the logbook 'quick search' feature from the previous release on bottom temperature and dive rating.
The new filter tags include (example using metric units):

+/-10°C => only dives with bottom temperature above/below 10°C
+/-2* => only dives with rating higher/lower than 2*

Version 2.4

+ Allowed setting missing bottom temperature and used pressure values on dives.
+ Enabled quick search on bottom temperature and dive rating.
+ Minor improvements.

Enjoy! :):p

Hello!

The latest version 2.5 adds support for numerous new dive computer models*.
It now also retrieves cylinder information directly from the dive computer itself if available [this feature requires libdivecomputer 0.5.0 or newer on Linux].

Version 2.5

+ Updated to the latest 'libdivecomputer' library which includes many fixes and support for new devices.

+ Improved dive download - retrieve cylinder information from device.
+ Minor improvements.

* Beuchat Voyager 2G, Hollis TX1, Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 2, Scubapro Meridian, Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 4, Shearwater Petrel 2, DiveSystem iDive X3M, Cressi Giotto, Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 2C, Aqualung i550T, Sherwood Vision, DiveSystem iDive Deep, Sherwood Amphos Air, Suunto Zoop Novo, Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 3+, Uwatec Aladin Sport, DiveSystem iDive Stealth, Cochran EMC-14, Cochran EMC-16, Aqualung i300, Tusa IQ-700, Mares Smart Apnea, Scubapro Mantis 2, Cochran Commander, DiveSystem Orca, Oceanic F11, Shearwater Perdix, DiveSystem iDive Easy, Aeris A300, DiveSystem iDive Pro, DiveSystem iDive DAN, Scubapro Chromis, Aeris F11, Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC Sport, DiveSystem iX3M Reb, Aeris A300CS, Aeris XR-1 NX, Subgear XP-Air, DiveSystem iX3M Deep, Beuchat Mundial 3, DiveSystem iDive Free, Dive Rite NiTek Q, DiveSystem iDive Tech, Subgear XP-3G, Suunto Vyper Novo, Aeris 500 AI, Cressi Newton, DiveSystem iDive Reb, Aqualung i450T, Beuchat Mundial 2, Mares Smart, Shearwater Nerd, Oceanic VTX, Scubapro Mantis, Citizen Hyper Aqualand, Cochran EMC-20H, DiveSystem iX3M Tec, Mares Airlab, DiveSystem iX3M Easy, Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC cR

Hi!

The latest version 2.6 adds a very useful feature that lets you edit the gear items in your repository (e.g. renaming a dive site) while automatically maintaining all affected dives up-to-date.

Version 2.6

+ Allow editing of existing gear items.
+ Minor improvements.

Hi all!

There is an important upgrade to My SCUBA Diary fixing connection/download issues affecting certain dive computer models.
If you have ever experienced problems connecting to or downloading dives from your device, please try again with this latest version. :wink:

Besides adding support for many new dive computers* it improves reliability of dive-download process and fixes issues with import from some Sunnto DM5 backup files.

Linux installation & upgrade experience has been improved by making it more robust (post-installation scripts ensure that dependency libraries are linked properly). RPMs are now available in addition to DEB packages.

Download from: https://www.myscubadiary.net/

Version 3.0

+ Fixed connection/download issues affecting certain dive computer models.
+ Added support for many new devices (e.g. Suunto EON Core & Stel)
+ Fixed and improved import from Suunto DM5 manager.
+ Improved Linux installation reliability and experience.
+ Linux RPM packages are now available.

* newly supported devices include: Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC Plus, Scubapro G2, Ratio iX3M Pro Easy, Cochran Commander TM, Ratio iX3M Easy, Scubapro Aladin Sport Matrix, Ratio iX3M Tech+, Ratio iX3M Pro Deep, Ratio iX3M Pro Tech+, Cochran Commander II, Ratio iDive Tech+, Aqualung i750TC, Suunto EON Core, Uwatec Aladin Tec 3G, Suunto D4f, Scubapro Aladin Square, Hollis DG02, Shearwater Nerd 2, Ratio iX3M Reb, Mares Quad, Suunto EON Steel, Aqualung i200, Aqualung i550, Ratio iDive Easy, Oceanic F10, Ratio iDive Free, Cochran Commander I, Cressi Drake, Shearwater Perdix AI, Ratio iDive Deep, Ratio iX3M Deep

Hi.

Here comes a new bug-fix release of My SCUBA Diary. Version 3.1 includes fixes to import function and general stability improvements.
The upgrade is highly recommended.

Version 3.1

+ Fixed a sporadic issue with importing and restoring dives from an existing database.
+ Improved SAC rate computation to handle very short shallow dives properly.
+ Minor improvements.

A few tips & tricks on how to work with My SCUBA Diary

Installation

• When running on Windows make sure you also have Visual C++ 2010 Libraries installed before trying to download dives from a dive computer.
    The architectures (i.e. 32-bit/64-bit) of Java, Visual C++ Libraries and My SCUBA Diary must all match for dive download to work.
    That is, if you have 64-bit Java (which should be pretty standard by now) also use 64-bit versions of Visual C++ and My SCUBA Diary.

Usage

• Add a new user in the login window. You can also start by playing with the sample 'John Doe' user first. Check the 'Remember' box to skip the login screen next time. You can always get back from the main window (User -> Change User).
  • Download dives straight from your dive computer (User -> Download Dives) or import existing logs from Suunto Dive Manager or another user (User -> Import).
  • Select a dive to see details and profile (if any) or select multiple dives to see statistics and the SAC (surface-air-consumption) trend for the selected dives. Note that in order for a dive to display SAC rate it must include used-pressure data and have a cylinder assigned.
  • Select multiple dives by holding Shift or Ctrl while selecting. Select all dives with Ctrl+A shortcut.
  • Add new 'gear' items (i.e. buddies, cylinders, gases, sites) to your repositories (Gear menu). Assign them to selected dive or multiple dives (at least one dive must be selected) by choosing an item and clicking the 'Select' button in the repository window. Selecting '[none]' will remove the currently assigned item from the selected dive(s).
    Use the 'Filter repository' box to quickly search the existing items.
    Changes to an existing item (Edit) will automatically propagate to all dives with the given item attached.
    Deleting a repository item will also remove it from all dives. Deleting a dive computer (Device) will delete all dives associated with that device.
  • Add notes to a dive by simply typing into the box on the detail panel.
    Add rating by selecting 1-3 stars (*) on the same panel. Remove the rating by clicking the currently selected value.
  • Delete a selected dive(s) by hitting the 'Delete' key. Deleting a dive will not delete associated items from your repositories.
  • Filter your dives quickly (on dive title) by using the 'Filter dives' box at the bottom of the logbook list.
    This filter also accepts special tags including (example using metric units):
+deco => only decompression dives
-deco => only no-decompression dives
+/-30m => only dives deeper/shallower than 30m
+/-15min => only dives longer/shorter than 15min
+/-yyyy-mm => only dives after/before a given date
+/-10°C => only dives with bottom temperature above/below 10°C
+/-2* => only dives with rating higher/lower than 2*​

• Using the search window (Logbook -> Search) will allow you to perform more complex searches. Dives matching the criteria will be automatically selected in your logbook.
  • Edit an existing dive (Logbook -> Edit Dive) details or add a brand new dive (Logbook -> Add Dive). You may edit a dive to correct or add missing data (e.g. used pressure value).
  • Customize the units of measure, date format and export formats (Application -> Settings).
    You can define your own HTML templates used for printing (Logbook -> Print) and exporting to PDF (Logbook -> Export to PDF). See help (Application -> Help) for more information on templates.
  • Exported My SCUBA Diary user database (User -> Export) can be imported (User -> Import) by another user. Importing dives will also import all associated repository items. [In order to import other user’s repositories just import the entire database and delete the imported dives]
    The exported database can be also restored as a new user from the login screen. The restored user will be given username same as the name of the imported file (i.e. <username>.db). It will completely replace any existing user with matching username.
  • See help (Application -> Help) for more information.

Back
Top Bottom