Finally dove with DIR buddies. What a mess!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbrian once bubbled...
And NO, I do not have DIR training. Someone is confusing training systems here. I do have training in using doubles as did all of us, but not that system.

But according to Lawman you looked DIR so you must be.

We don't need to go any further then your gear.

Looks like a duck, must be a duck!

Cornfed

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
So, let me get this straight, DIR is great, unless someone finds a flaw, then it's not DIR, because their DIR is not your DIR.

So, the only way to be truly DIR is to dive the way you do. Anyone else's set up won't be DIR, because what is Doing It Right for them would not be DIR for you.

Ergo, everyone who is diving with their gear set up the way they like it is DIR!

:D Ta-daaah!!!:D

I'm in a rather cranky mode today so I'll just say that you don't get it and leave it at that.

Cornfed.

When I first started diving my Hogarthian setup, it took me longer to get in the water than it does now. I guess I probably stumbled around and looked like a complete CF while trying to don all my new "DIR" gear. As time has progressed, so has my efficiency in donning and doffing my rig. It now takes me longer to put on my drysuit than it does to configure and don the rest of my setup.

Also, one of the key points in the DIR philosophy is to take only what you need, and leave behind anything you don't. Sometimes people (and I'm not saying this is the case with your friends Lawman) will buy all the "DIR" gear because they think it's "Doing It Right", when in reality it's not needed for the type of diving they do. You don't need doubles and a deco bottle for a 20' dive.

dish it, you're going to have to take it, too..

So, c'mon man...where's that photo of your awesome gear set? I can see it now...pink snorkel, rubber duckie, backup duckie...

Maybe you should get back on the porch with the rest of the puppies...

cornfed once bubbled...

I'm in a rather cranky mode today

O.K...here is the step by step solution...

1 - leave work early
2 - go to bar and have a few pints
3 - have large steak dinner with all the fixins....or substitute with more beer
4 - A nice irish coffee and cheesckae for desert (if you want...whiskey sour is acceptable here...or just whiskey)
5 - wake up nice and refreshed Saturday and dive your arse off!!!!

if nothing else, you should at least have a smirk on your face now

Jimmy B once bubbled...
Any Idea whree they're from, Just because you buy some gear doesn't make you DIR.

JB

Exactly.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

O.K...here is the step by step solution...

1 - leave work early
2 - go to bar and have a few pints

The reason I'm cranky is because I'm going on vacation next week, but... I've got a pile of $hit to sort out before leaving and I really rather take your advice!

4 - A nice irish coffee and cheesckae for desert (if you want...whiskey sour is acceptable here...or just whiskey)

By whiskey you mean Scotch, right?

5 - wake up nice and refreshed Saturday and dive your arse off!!!!

What if I wake up and sit on the beach and drink?

if nothing else, you should at least have a smirk on your face now

True indeed!

cornfed once bubbled...

The reason I'm cranky is because I'm going on vacation next week, but... I've got a pile of $hit to sort out before leaving and I really rather take your advice!
Call maintenance...no one should have $h!t in their office
By whiskey you mean Scotch, right?
whatever poison floats your boat
What if I wake up and sit on the beach and drink?
perfectly acceptable alternative

Back
Top Bottom