Finally AOW!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keralucu

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:dance: Woooohooo - I am AOW as of yesterday!! :dance:

After several months of bad weather, lack of customers for my LDS hence cancelling trips, I finally did my last AOW dive on Saturday - The Deep Dive.

Had a bit of trouble equalising at first, due to recently getting over a cold, but once we got down to 25m, we (Sea Squirt & I) got through it just fine. I did feel a little narced - got a bit giggly and light headed, but knew what was happening, did the skills without incident, then had fun playing with raw eggs at depth - how cool that the pressure causes the yolk to stay whole so you can play with it like a ball.

After that continued on two of the best fun dives I've had yet - the viz was good (15m) and there were so many fish in the water you could hardly see the wall. And big fish too - saw my first school of chevron barracuda that circled us, giving us the eye, lots of large blue-ringed angelfish which I hadn't seen before and that followed us around curiously, enormous snapper (yum), longfin bannerfish, morays and a white-eyed eel, a strange, large box-shaped gooseberry type thing with pulsing lights underneath it and some very fat, juicy looking nudibranchs... wow - maybe it's just because it's been 5 months since I was in the water but all the colours seemed brighter and all the marine life magnified. Even the thermoclines were amazing - the warm was so warm and the cold so cold that it caused that 'mirage' effect in the water and we could drift along half our bodies chilly, the other half warm... *sigh* Could go on for hours but should get back to work now - I need to clear my desk by the weekend so I can go to Phuket (for my very first AOW dives and very first dives away from my usual dive site - SO THRILLED) with a clear conscience.

Is this monkey happy?? YOU BETCHA!! :yea:

:bounce:

Hey - congrats.

You're getting as bad as the Japanese with their cries of Oishi (delicious) after dives

Jonathan

... aaahhhhhh, so THAT's what Oishi means! I did wonder - we have an all you can eat chain of Japanese restaurants here called Oishi (you probably have them in Japan too?)... mmhmmm, oishi indeed!

:p

Keralucu- Congrats! I wish my instructor had brought an egg with her for my deep dive! That sounded like fun. :wink:

A big WOOOOHOOO! to you! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Ber :bunny:

Two thumbs up to you Allison and lil sis.

Great for both of you. I loved my AOW dives and I'm glad that you did the same....

BTW, I thought that the Japanese yelled "Sashimi" when they surfaced :hehe:

Keralucu and Seasquirt,
Congratulations on the AOW.
It really is fun to get back in the water after a "too lengthy" SI.
your description of the dive brings back a lot of fond memories-and makes me look ahead to my next trip.
Good luck,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom