Finally AOW!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the correct response should have been: got to get back to work so I can pay for my rescue class.. but will not count that against your final grade

and pasts on the back hugs cheers and all those other happy thoughts

:dazzle: :cheer: :giggle: :japanese: :fishy:

Congrats --- now all you have to do, is come on over and try out those skills in our clear, fresh water.

Mind you, you and Sea Squirt might, just might want to pick up something a wee bit warmer to wear... I have a suspicion that you might find the water a tad cold

Bravo...

Brilliant stuff,

Congrats on passing and just in time for the Similan trip. Gives me a chance to wish you good hunting in Feb. Just don't miss him this time.

Neil

Originally posted by DivingGal
...Mind you, you and Sea Squirt might, just might want to pick up something a wee bit warmer to wear... I have a suspicion that you might find the water a tad cold

Bravo...

DG, you have no idea how cold. Actually this week wasn't half as bad as last week when we did the navigation. BRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr! Half way through the dive, I was ready to abort, my fingers and toes were completely numb - amazingly the water temp was 28C!!! All you warmth advocates will probably scold me now for not doing something about it at the time yes it was rather silly- GO ON - do you your worst! My boyfriend is picking me up a nifty skin to wear under my wetsuit, and will shortly have a vest (c/o Keralucu) to complete the ensemble.

The thermoclines this week were WEIRD. You'd feel the warm layer above your head and be thinking "YEAH - toasty!" and suddenly a blast of icy water would hit you in the face, followed by a stream of cool water, and you hadn't changed depth by more than a few inches!

To be cold no more

Sis

You missed out the Titan triggerfish chasing off a school of massive grouper 4 times it's size!

... who finished off her knowledge reviews two days after me and has just found out that she is now AOW too!

Well done, 'Squirt
:p

Originally posted by Sea Squirt
Sis

You missed out the Titan triggerfish chasing off a school of massive grouper 4 times it's size!

I didn't miss it out... I didn't SEE the darn thing... ;-0 I was too busy looking at/drooling over the "oishi" looking snapper...:fishy:

Originally posted by neilstewart
Brilliant stuff,

Congrats on passing and just in time for the Similan trip. Gives me a chance to wish you good hunting in Feb. Just don't miss him this time.

Neil

We bl%%dy well better not miss him (or her)! :eek:

DG - are there such things as thermally heated dry suits?? Although I was proud to be the only one in our group wearing a 2mm shortie before, this time round I had to wear an extra vest because I found 28C to be a tad chilly!... the CAD-ness is really sinking in... :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom