Final show down Hollis SMS100 vs. xDeep Stealth 2.0

Hollis SMS100 vs. xDeep Stealth 2.0

• Hollis Sms100

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • xDeep Stealth 2.0

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What loop setup are you using in the video. Old school, floating loop, ???

Floating loops, my favorite way. It allow me to slide the loop / o-ring down or up which adequate takes tanks more towards the legs or head. Easy to put on / off.
Simple and efficient with no extra hardware.

IMG_9908.jpgIMG_9917.jpg

Those pics were made for light mounting question purposes but you can see the loops also. If needed I will post more pics, just ask exactly what is needed.

Thanks for the pics. I have also found the floating loops to be my favorite. I really like your canister attachment point too. I assume you are using the butt plate for reels. The steel tanks still connect to your waist?

We should have a nice video with two xDeep Stealth 2.0 wings one on top of another one for super extra buoyancy and redundant BC if somebody dives with lots of steel and no drysuit,
will find it (I hope) and post it here ... double wing still makes it a very compact and clean configuration.

Cheers !

Do you route both LPI from left to right?

Thanks for the pics. I have also found the floating loops to be my favorite. I really like your canister attachment point too. I assume you are using the butt plate for reels. The steel tanks still connect to your waist?

Actually I found it more "me" to mount the steel tanks to the butt plate than waist d-rings but can use both with no major difference, I have them set up in my "sweet spot" so they work flawlessly ... but yes, even if
you don't like to mount the tanks on a butt plate I love it because it provides plenty of very clean and easy storage space so ...

---------- Post added June 10th, 2013 at 11:27 PM ----------

Do you route both LPI from left to right?

no, one inflator (the one from the BC sitting on top) is shorter and its end (power inflator head) attached with bungee to my left chest d-ring, the one from the BC located under is going across the chest from the left to the right
so it looks like I have one inflator by each chest d-ring, will try to get pics as soon as possible

Floating loops, my favorite way. It allow me to slide the loop / o-ring down or up which adequate takes tanks more towards the legs or head. Easy to put on / off.
Simple and efficient with no extra hardware.

View attachment 156873View attachment 156874

Those pics were made for light mounting question purposes but you can see the loops also. If needed I will post more pics, just ask exactly what is needed.

You look like a small guy :wink: how much lift do you need with steel tanks and no dry suit? Do you find that one wing is enough when your on the surface in open water?

No extra lift really needed, please take a quick look at this short movie I made in familiar for you place :)

Little bit of a rocky exit from the helicopter, pal. But I enjoyed the video. Will be contacting you about a Stealth test dive when I'm back in shape.

You look like a small guy :wink: how much lift do you need with steel tanks and no dry suit? Do you find that one wing is enough when your on the surface in open water?

Easily, its not even inflated in 30 % with my Faber's LP 108's including cave fill :) When without a drysuit I use like 2-4 lbs of weight for when my fabers get slightly positive. Wing has almost 40lbs of lift which we
need to remember is plenty. I used to dive my aluminum backmount set with 11lbs of V-weight, can light and other gear with no drysuit in warm water and had always more than half of wing deflated and xDeep BC looks
smaller but still has almost same lift like 40lbs donut wing, just plenty.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 06:19 PM ----------

Little bit of a rocky exit from the helicopter, pal. But I enjoyed the video. Will be contacting you about a Stealth test dive when I'm back in shape.

yeah, I knew some will enjoy that moment but it happens from time to time ... life :)
no prob Kevin, just let me know when, we should have our Tec Dive Gear tent put up shortly on Dutch so its going to be our base over there,
so all welcome to stop by and check out the gear or just talk to us ...

Last edited:
Why does there need to be a showdown?

Is this a contest or a commercial?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I suspect the OP wanted as many people as possible to vote on his poll. Put a good title, more people will look at the post and vote.

Back
Top Bottom