Fin suggestion- thin legs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_Ayers

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I am 6', 192 lbs. I have a strong upper body but fairly thin legs and am athletic. I'm looking at the Mare fins, specifically something efficient for cruising but also some power when necessary. Do you think the quattros are too much for me? Are there more than one type of quattro. Looking for open foot type.
Suggestions? Oh, almost forgot, I'm 48 if that matters.:11:

Thanks,
Ben

I'm 45, and my knees are iffy. I use the Quattros, and I love them.

Hi Ben, if you are looking for power, want to really feel power and have strong legs, then the Quattro Excels are THE fin for you. The Whale Tail design on the foot pocket allows for more power to be channeled down through the blade of the fin, and the Channel Thrust technology of the Mares fins can not be beat!

Jenn

There are two different quattro and the quattro excel, my wife use the quattro excel. She has a strong kick an it works well for her.

Hello,
I am 6', 192 lbs. I have a strong upper body but fairly thin legs and am athletic. I'm looking at the Mare fins, specifically something efficient for cruising but also some power when necessary. Do you think the quattros are too much for me? Are there more than one type of quattro. Looking for open foot type.
Suggestions? Oh, almost forgot, I'm 48 if that matters.:11:

Thanks,
Ben

Im 41, got legs thinner than a flamingo's (well almost) i use Avanti Quattro excels and have no trouble at all with em..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom