Fin sizing w/ and w/out booties.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkopec

Contributor
Reaction score
When you get adjustable heel strap fins, do you get the size that fits snug w/ booties and plan to always wear booties w/ them? Or do you get something in between that you can wear with and without booties?
Thanks
Brian

I always wear boots with mine - I never thought of open heel fins as "boots optional". I certainly can't speak for all OH fins, but the couple varieties in my house would be terribly uncomfortable if worn barefoot

Plan to fit with booties and always wear booties with them. I can't think of anyone who would find open heel fins comfortable bare foot.

If you notice closed-heel fins, they all have a hole at the end of the foot pocket for your toes. I think there's a reason for that. Open-heel fins don't have that; they also don't come in shoe sizes.
My 2 cents.

Other than the AL Hotshots I've never come accross any open heeled fins that could be worn without boots, that's not say they don't exist ive just never seen them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom