Fin Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro Novas all the way. if you get the White ones and are shooting video you can set your white balance whit them. Like a 2 4 1

Yep, bought the white ones.

for warm water freediving fins are the best. they take some getting use to and gave me cramps the first time i used them but now i won't dive with out them in warm water

for warm water freediving fins are the best. they take some getting use to and gave me cramps the first time i used them but now i won't dive with out them in warm water
I'd also like to point out that the differences between the various brands of freediving fins are probably LARGER than the differences between cars ...the difference though is that the BEST freedive fins perform with the efficiency of a hybrid, and the speed and control of a Lamborghini.

The best freedive fins are carbon fiber, fiberglass, or composites, and they can be pricey....but they will also make you an entirely different person in the water, assuming you already have decent bouyancy and trim... One of the reasons that garbage fins like the worst of the splits are so prevalent, is that so many divers swim head up and feet down at 30 degree or more angles ( pushing a huge bow wave), and these same people tend to be carying ten to 20 pounds more lead than they should have, and compensate for too much lead by adding enormous amounts of air to their giant bc's. This type of diver moves through the water with so much drag that they need a tiny little gear to propel them ( as in on a bicycle, as you go up a steep hill, you shift to smaller and smaller gears--you spin many revolution to move a small distance easily---in a larger gear, you spin one revolution and move a relatively much larger distance)....The soft split fins so prevalent today, are tiny little gears....to push all the drag most divers exhibit, this is the way they handle the work--they kick many more times, at a low exertion, and dont move forward very much, but at least there is no cramping.

The Freedive fin is the solution for the diver that wants to be slick in the water, wants to have flat horizontal trim while going from point a to b on the dive, and would like to move at speeds more like what scooter divers enjoy...with the best of the freedive fins, close to scooter speeds are possible even with low SAC rates.

My personal choice as best for most divers, are the Dive R blades....they come in three different stiffnesses, and the place you buy them from will mate a foot pocket to them..it is even possible to mate a open heel foot pocket if you have to use a drysuit, or dive a shore entry where walking in prevents the use of the neoprene socks used in full fiit freediving fins.

Check out DiveR Australia: Equipment
and a local source in the US https://www.flfreedivers.com/store/...cts_id=2417&osCsid=a3aflasf2pd1824b4sm6j40sv2

Hi all,

Went diving again today. And still love my SP seawings. I love how easy they are to put on and just alittle kick moves me too fast. I have ad to learn to kick small with less effect so, I don't pass my dive buddy. My knees have not hurt at all.
Kurt in Cebu

I will throw my to bits in... put on a pair of Force Fins and it doesn't matter how much gear you have on, your group/dive buddy will be playing catch-up most of the dive! The only problem is that hurdle of a price tag! And if your OK with that much cash leaving you for good, you might as well spit-up an extra 50 bucks and get the bungee straps that go with it... a world of difference! ps take em into a pool to get use to them, and maybe wear a helmet cuz your going to bang your head on the other end of the pool!

Back
Top Bottom