Fin recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikefreekz

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip, unfortunately, lost one side of my force fin pros, so now I'm on the look out for a replacement fin. I Love the force fin pros that I had, they are light weight and compact which makes them easy to pack and travel around with but I just thought maybe i should think about what's in the market as well.

I also saw guides using free diving long fins during my Maldives trip, seems like it work really well for them, how's that compared to normal paddle fins? What about the Hollis F1? read alot of good reviews about it...

will appreciate any suggestions!

regards

Just got back from a trip, unfortunately, lost one side of my force fin pros, so now I'm on the look out for a replacement fin. I Love the force fin pros that I had, they are light weight and compact which makes them easy to pack and travel around with but I just thought maybe i should think about what's in the market as well.

I also saw guides using free diving long fins during my Maldives trip, seems like it work really well for them, how's that compared to normal paddle fins? What about the Hollis F1? read alot of good reviews about it...

will appreciate any suggestions!

regards

I just picked up a pair of F1s myself and I'll tell ya this...... they are amazing. Wasn't hard on my legs, comfortable and powerful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

My vote, hands down is for the Hollis F2. Light weight, small, efficient. Best fin I've ever used for back kicks and directional kicks.

In cold water, I dive the HOG and also the OMS. My HOG's are heavy but I can add IR with the dry suit to lighten the heavy feet where as my OMS Slipstream pretty neutral. For warm water (using a 3mm) I REALLY like my DiveRite EXP's, I bought them for my last Mexico trip and glad I did. I have a few friends with the F1's, some love them and some hate them in warm water but won't dive without them in cold water

I haven't dove the F1's or F2's, but the F2's are much lighter and a bit smaller.

You might try a pair of ScubaPro Jet fins. Solid rubber. Indestructible. Reliable. You can do all the cave diver kicks. Great fins.
I still have my Force Fins, and I use them in the pool. But the Jet Fins are what I use in the ocean!

what I like about the force fins are the weight and the compactness of the design, seems like the hollis F2 is pretty close, and cheaper too as compared to the F1

Last edited:
Jet fins and F1s seem opposite to what you previously used particularly in regards to weight. I own the F2s and use them as my travel fin, they are easy to pack and very light. I would also say they too are very robust and cannot imagine anything on them breaking. I found all kicks are easy to do. Overall I like them a lot. Not the best in strong current but that could be said about most short fins.

If I lost my FF Pro's I'd go to eBay and buy a replacement pair. There's really nothing as good as the FF for compact yet very useable travel fins, IMHO.

well i might just do that except that there's nothing much on ebay at the moment, at least for the size that I'm looking for...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom