Fin Pocket Inserts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmmkiwi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One of the pockets on my husband's fins has lost its shape, making things a bit more difficult getting fins on when shore diving in a drysuit.

I was going to store the fins with those fin pocket shaper things that the fins come with when you buy them new, but I think they might have been thrown out. For now I stuck a rockboot in the pocket to help give it shape and keep the pocket from collapsing, but would really like a better solution for longer term storage and travel when packed in a suitcase. I've been looking around online for a replacement pair of those fin pocket inserts but I can't find anyone who sells them. Does anyone here know where I might find a replacement fin pocket insert/shaper?

Just stuff it with a towel, or if traveling, some cloth item you have like underwear or a t-shirt. Should do the trick nicely.

You could also make one with a fairly stiff piece of plastic (from TAP plastics). Cut to shape, bend, and insert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom