Fin fix: Glue for rubber and plastic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have some F1 fins, smallest size, but have some lateral movement.

I've decided to try and get them to fit better. I've cut some fin inserts, 2 pairs one on top of the other, to shape and when placed in the foot pocket they seem to take up the excess size nicely.

I want to glue the two inserts together and am wondering what would be the best glue to use. I'm also thinking of melting them together around the edges with a soldering iron or the like. Any ideas welcome.

I'm wondering if I should then glue the inserts into the fin, it's a tight fit so it might not be needed.

If anyone has any ideas, advice, warnings etc I'd be very grateful. Cheers.

It has been a few days since your last post so I don't know if you still need suggestions. We use Shoreline Marine - E-6000 or Shoreline Marine "Marine Goop" to help bond a plastic plate to polypropylene webbing. Amazon in the UK carries it here but it looks quite expensive. Perhaps you can find it more cheaply in a local store.

Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 7.01.14 AM.jpg

We buy it here for about $8 to $9 per tube.

It has been a few days since your last post so I don't know if you still need suggestions. We use Shoreline Marine - E-6000 or Shoreline Marine "Marine Goop" to help bond a plastic plate to polypropylene webbing. Amazon in the UK carries it here but it looks quite expensive. Perhaps you can find it more cheaply in a local store.

View attachment 176766

We buy it here for about $8 to $9 per tube.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up selling the fins. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom