fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefsong

Reaction score
My husband and I are thinking about a trip to Fiji. We're doing a lot of our own research,(as it should be). But we have a few questions for anyone out there with prior experience.
1. Should we do a land-based resort trip, and if so, with whom?
2. Should we do a live-aboard and again, with whom and when?

What is the best time of year to go?

We are leaning towards a liveaboard with Nai'a for a 10 day tour, but we are very open and wanting to hear about others experiences with operators or resorts we may not know anything about.

We are both reasonably experienced divers (I am PADI rescue cert, and my husband is PADI divemaster), and we loved the thrill and action of Blue Corner in Palau last year.

reefsong once bubbled...
My husband and I are thinking about a trip to Fiji. We're doing a lot of our own research,(as it should be). But we have a few questions for anyone out there with prior experience.
1. Should we do a land-based resort trip, and if so, with whom?
2. Should we do a live-aboard and again, with whom and when?

What is the best time of year to go?

We are leaning towards a liveaboard with Nai'a for a 10 day tour, but we are very open and wanting to hear about others experiences with operators or resorts we may not know anything about.

We are both reasonably experienced divers (I am PADI rescue cert, and my husband is PADI divemaster), and we loved the thrill and action of Blue Corner in Palau last year.

I like Crystal Divers, a shore-based operation out of Nananu-I-Ra, a small island just off the northern tip of the big island, Viti Levu. You'll see sharks hunting in the current at a couple of their sites. The owner, Dan Grenier, is friendly with the Nai'a operators, so they may do some of the same sites.

My wife and I took a two week trip aboard the Nai'a last October and had an excellent experience, despite relatively poor weather. Check out our trip report for details.

http://www.jaytorborg.com/fiji.htm

We're planning to go back next Spring.

- Jay

Thanks to donacheson, jaytor, and peterjmaerz for your great comments and reports! We've made arrangments with Nai'a for this Fall and are really looking forward to visiting and diving the beautiful waters that all of you described. Anyone with other guidance or comments out there regarding Nai'a will be very much appreciated. We'll post again after we get back. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom