Fiji - Yasawa Island hopping recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vandal138

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking into planning a trip to Fiji for about 11 days. Set on going to Pacific Harbour / Beqa for 4 days before making our way north to hop along the Yasawa islands. Are there any specific sites or attractions that I "MUST" see while up in that area? We're already doing some soft coral dives and a shark dive... How about some neat wrecks? I haven't done a wreck dive before and I hear there are some sunken WWII vessels or planes down there.

Any pointers?

Im 3 weeks back from diving all around the Yasawa's and mamakucia's. There is the wreck of a B26 bomber.back towards denerau.
Its pretty well broken up and scattered now.Theres a rope guide line that you follow from one end of the wreckage to the other.
Vis isn't great but thats a positive in this case as you kinda glide up to an engine of seat or wing etc.
Theres a fairly new wreck called Salamanda wreck. Not much sealife on it and still a complete boat.Its a VERY easy wreck dive being at 20-25m and easy swimthroughs.
Funnilly enough my favorite ndive was a place called sunflower reef. A really easy dive but lots of sealife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom