Fiji Trip Report - Matangi Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We get to Matangi (right off from Taveuni) to dive starting Saturday June 25, then head to the Koro Sun Resort on Savusavu at the end of June. Neither place is budget, but maybe we'll see you out there on the water!

Gotcha...I am using Nadi as my base, but don't currently have anything scheduled out of there. Might look into some of the ferries that others have posted here. Will let ya know if I end up near there!

:) Charlotte

Gotcha...I am using Nadi as my base, but don't currently have anything scheduled out of there. Might look into some of the ferries that others have posted here. Will let ya know if I end up near there!

Check with Greg AKA Fiji Diver. He's in Suva and was a wealth of useful information for our trip. Hope we can meet up with you to dive in Fiji, but if not maybe we can dive together when we're all all back in So Cal

Check with Greg AKA Fiji Diver. He's in Suva and was a wealth of useful information for our trip. Hope we can meet up with you to dive in Fiji, but if not maybe we can dive together when we're all all back in So Cal

I'd love that! I haven't done much diving in Malibu but hear that there are some great spots!

I will try to find Greg and see if he has any suggestions!! Have a wonderful trip!!

So it looks like I will be camped out at Volivoli resort in Rakiraki for the week! Have a great time in Taveuni! Hope to dive with ya when we are all back Stateside!

Still looking for advice for my 15-day trip. I want to dive at least 9 days. I am traveling alone, been diving 42 years. Live on Guam and have dived Micronesia, Indonesia, etc. Don't want 5-star couples (honeymooner) resorts, but not backpacking level either. Would welcome any advice.

Met a couple that said they stayed in a hideaway hut. was cheap and the place was nice. Had to pay for food tho, which they said they could go into the city and buy food to make something back at their place of stay or hit up the resturants which was comparable to the states. They said they had a great time and was able to dive at the white wall and the other spots that fijis known for. I think they said they paid 40 bucks a night. hope that helps.

Charlotte - or anyone else under the water in Fiji. What are you seeing for water temperature now? We leave in about 24 hours, and I'm looking at dive gear spread out, thinking about space and weight, and starting to think 5mm and 3mm suits, plus hooded vest, is probably too much to bring!

Try Matava Eco resort. It lives the talk. It is small enough 12 Bures to fit the bill nice rooms, far from back packing and the diving is great. Food is family style, plenty of it and is very good. The staff is the greatest.

Back
Top Bottom