FIJI trip report April 6-24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scott. We dived together in Fiji in april and as you mentioned the above site was unreal. I am planning to go to Palau with fish and fins and would llike some input from you as you have been there many times.The biggest problem I have is not Palau but the plane ride which seems very long. In any event give me your take on the area, restaurants places to stay(moderate) etc Regards, Hank Goichman

Hi Hank,

Sorry for the delayed response but been in Indonesia for the last month and got home from Hong Kong last nite....so a bit jet lagged!!....Palau is an easy trip in comparison!!!....LOL

Palau....I've usually done the LAX-Continental-Hawaii-Guam-Palau that is usually the quickest.....The last couple of years I've done Jal and ANA to Tokyo-Guam-Palau and this year Air Asiana LAX-Seoul-Palau. I always dive with Sams.

Places to eat Kramers, Taj, Bottom Time Bar and Grill, Dragon Tai and a couple of others....I've heard there is a Thai place but have not been. I stay at the West Plaza which is nothing fancy just basic....but a nice hotel I've had Friends stay at is the Sea Passion....nice hotel for the price.....hope this helps!

I would highly recommend the Sea Passion (can do a package with Sam's or fish n fins). Nice hotel, breakfast can be included. Eat at the grill at Sam's for good inexpensive food. Fish n chips and the burritos are very good.

TravelInsj- I'm off to Palau and diving with Sam's really soon. Have any DM recommendations?

Not sure you can pick your DM. If you have prepaid for 3 tank boat you just find your name under the boat you have been assigned to. If you are on a 2 tank boat there are several. Same process, find your name under one of the boats and that is yours for the day. Wait till Scott comes on to get the final word. He knows several of the DM's (since the lucky guy practically lives there - yes, I'm jealous).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom