Fiji trip advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm
Well, you are right that the Yasawa diving is not fabulous, but still fun and stuff to see.
If you want R&R far from the madding crowds, with a cute island setting, have a look at Naigani Very cool diving with clear waters and excellent hard coral cover. Not the big walls and drifts of Taveuni, but no internal flight required - it is about a 2 hour drive from Pacific Harbour with a resort boat transfer.
The Mantas up in the Yasawas are cool too, although the place can get a bit crowded with several resorts sending small boats to the same spot.
I'm not sure where offers industry discounts, but worth asking.
You can save some $$ going to Taveuni by taking the overnight ferry from Suva. about US$60 each way for a 1st class sleeper bunk. A little bit more for a cabin. (usually sharing with 1 other person). Suva is a bout 45mins from Pacific Harbour by taxi (FJ$70) of tourist bus (FJ$15). Look at staying at Dolphin bay Divers Retreat for a bargain.

I hope that helps a bit.
Let me know if you wanted any help with logistics like booking ferry tickets....

Cheers
Greg

Naigani has some great diving. My wife and I enjoyed the resort there very much.

If you go to the Yasawas you might want to check out Blue Lagoon Beach Resort. They do a shark dive there three times a week that I enjoyed even more than the ones I did with BAD and they have several other dive sites that are really good if you like long swim throughs and such. We were in Fiji for over 9 weeks and did four different resorts. Blue Lagoon Beach Resort was by far the most fun for my non-diver wife and I REALLY enjoyed the diving there. Justin and Mel are the managers and nicer people you will have a hard time finding. If you go tell them Mike, the fat guy they couldnt keep out of the dive boat, said hi :)

Back
Top Bottom