Fiji travel--Private Travel Insurance Covering Covid-19: How much detail to present at checkin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@brownie I arrived to LAX with 6 hours before the Fiji departure. Gobs of time.

My flight left from one of the even numbered 200 gates. I think 202, could have been 206.

Looking at this map on flylax.com:

We entered what 's labelled Great Hall from what's labeled "connector to Terminal 4".

We crossed through to go out to the 200 gate area.
Thank you @Shasta_man I regret not allowing a wider window of "connection time" but that ship has sailed. I will just have to suck it up and do the best I can. I have looked closely at maps of LAX and have a fairly clear sense of direction/layout.

I suspect the A 23 that @jbjclj references above may refer to the panel of Fiji Airways checkin counters before TSA security on a lower level. Since I am navigating airside, that's not where I want to be.

I guess the worst-case scenario: I have to overnight in LAX and maybe there's a seat on the next flight out the following evening.

Thank you @Shasta_man I regret not allowing a wider window of "connection time" but that ship has sailed. I will just have to suck it up and do the best I can. I have looked closely at maps of LAX and have a fairly clear sense of direction/layout.

I suspect the A 23 that @jbjclj references above may refers to the panel of Fiji Airways checkin counters before TSA security on a lower level. Since I am navigating airside, that's not where I want to be.

I guess the worst-case scenario: I have to overnight in LAX and maybe there's a seat on the next flight out the following evening.
I had about 5 hours from landing in LAX to the late night Fiji Airways flight to Nadi. I had to retrieve bags and travel from terminal 7 to Tom Bradley to check in, drop bags and go through security again - it was way more time than I needed, so you should be fine!

BTW - I checked my boarding pass and the Fiji Airways flight departed from gate 202. If hanging in the main hall of Tom Bradley or a lounge, allow at least 15 minutes to get to the gate as it is a bit of a walk from that area.

I had about 5 hours from landing in LAX to the late night Fiji Airways flight to Nadi. I had to retrieve bags and travel from terminal 7 to Tom Bradley to check in, drop bags and go through security again - it was way more time than I needed, so you should be fine!

BTW - I checked my boarding pass and the Fiji Airways flight departed from gate 202. If hanging in the main hall of Tom Bradley or a lounge, allow at least 15 to get to the gate as it is a bit of a walk from that area.
Good to know @Joneill hoping it all works out. It's been so long since I have planned a distant diving destination, I'm a little rusty.

Good to know @Joneill hoping it all works out. It's been so long since I have planned a distant diving destination, I'm a little rusty.
Good luck and enjoy your trip - where will you be staying/diving in Fiji?

Good luck and enjoy your trip - where will you be staying/diving in Fiji?
One week liveaboard on the Naia, then a short flight to Taveuni for 5 nights at Taveuni Dive Resort. Gosh, I hope this works out!:oops::oops:

One week liveaboard on the Naia, then a short flight to Taveuni for 5 nights at Taveuni Dive Resort. Gosh, I hope this works out!:oops::oops:
Sounds awesome!!! I’m looking into Naia to hit the Bligh Waters that I missed due to high winds this time - so be sure to report back on your experience.

You will love Taveuni - it’s a beautiful, lush tropical paradise with wonderful people - and the diving on Rainbow Reef was very good as well!

Good luck and have fun!

@brownie If your flight is not late, you'll have lots of time and have time to kill. Even if your flight is 2 hours late, you should still have plenty of time to get over to the terminal and gate. My 6 hour early arrival was much overkill as we had time to wait. The central area had some seating areas but the seating in departure lounges was much more comfortable and had power.

No matter what, you cannot change anything now and can't change what happens. So no stress, positive vibes and deal with problems if they happen. You are obviously well prepared.

I have taken the Naia liveaboard and it will be a GREAT trip. They take great care of you and lots of fun. Some open ocean diving spots there but it'll quickly become easy. I went as a single person and just hung with the crew and would go back in a heartbeat. I think you leave from Lautoka which is easy to get to.

I've also been to Taveuni and that was great as well. After a week on Nai'a, you'll be an old hand at the diving. Then you won't want to leave.

Fiji is fantastic. Remember everything is done Fiji style and sega na lega ("no worries"). Remember to enjoy it while it is happening.

Think how great your trip will be. Then multiply that by 100 and that's how great it will be. It starts when you get on that plane.

Tell everyone big bula from us and we can't wait to go back.

@brownie If your flight is not late, you'll have lots of time and have time to kill. Even if your flight is 2 hours late, you should still have plenty of time to get over to the terminal and gate. My 6 hour early arrival was much overkill as we had time to wait. The central area had some seating areas but the seating in departure lounges was much more comfortable and had power.

No matter what, you cannot change anything now and can't change what happens. So no stress, positive vibes and deal with problems if they happen. You are obviously well prepared.

I have taken the Naia liveaboard and it will be a GREAT trip. They take great care of you and lots of fun. Some open ocean diving spots there but it'll quickly become easy. I went as a single person and just hung with the crew and would go back in a heartbeat. I think you leave from Lautoka which is easy to get to.

I've also been to Taveuni and that was great as well. After a week on Nai'a, you'll be an old hand at the diving. Then you won't want to leave.

Fiji is fantastic. Remember everything is done Fiji style and sega na lega ("no worries"). Remember to enjoy it while it is happening.

Think how great your trip will be. Then multiply that by 100 and that's how great it will be. It starts when you get on that plane.

Tell everyone big bula from us and we can't wait to go back.
Thank you @Shasta_man for the encouraging words!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom