Fiji This Summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shangrl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like Bequa is very popular with those who have been there. I'd like to spend two weeks in Fiji this summer and travel around. What islands are a must for great diving and any rec on dive ops? I've searched this thread and most replies are a few years old. Appreciate any input from those who have been there. Plan on taking a short sabbatical and traveling around the area solo for a few weeks. Thanks in advance for any advice!

You can do a search on my user name as I've posted quite a bit on Fiji, been there 3 times in the last 5 years........

If I went back, I'd try to get to the Astroglobe reef and Kandavu.

Kulu Bay resort on Beqa Island is our favorite if you want plush but cheap Gilligans Island feel.

Kulu Bay Resort...the ultimate escape

$999 for 7 nights with meals per person, and they only have 8-9 Bure's that are 1200 square foot each and only 30-40 feet from the water at high tide. Very intimate feel there, unlike Beqa Lagoon Resort that runs cattle boats and might be better for families or non-divers.

Maravu resort on Taveuni is also quite nice.

I went to Fiji in Jul 2007 to Beqa Lagoon Resort for 10 days and did 20 dives. Great experience, great diving, great resort. I believe that Jul-Aug is the time to go because that is their dry season. Dry season means better viz in the water. If you click on my "view gallery" link you can see some of my Fiji pics. We enjoyed it so much that we are planning on returning in 2009. Here is a link to my report on the resort Beqa Lagoon Resort (Beqa Island, Fiji) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor. I would recommend the shark dive if you go to the resort, it was great. Email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net if you want any more info.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom