Fiji - Nai'i Or Aggressor Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glimmertwins

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for feedback on these two liveaboard operations. Nai'i receives consistent top reviews, but I can't find anything recent about the Aggressor. It sounds like it had a number of issues a couple of years ago. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nai'a was terrific.

Why don’t you think about the Fiji Siren? I have been on board its sister yacht in Komodo (the Indo Siren) last year and I was very much impressed by the service and the boat. The crew was extremely attentive, helpful and friendly and the boat very spacious and comfortable. I am pretty sure the service on the Fiji Siren will be as good as on the Indo Siren!

Bula! Na'ia is a lovely boat and deserves the credit she gets. You won't be disappointed. The Aggressor (Island Dancer II) locally known as Sera-ni-Wai (Song of the Sea) has recently been bought by a new owner who has invested in her to get her back on track as a top liveaboard. I haven't been on board since the change of ownership but I would say it is still a good bet. Usually a little cheaper than Naia too. So if you see any past years, negative comments about her, take them with a pinch of salt. I guess if I had a completely free choice but I would go for Naia, but not too much in it. Siren is a new boat and they are offering some very good deals. I haven't set foot on Siren yet so can't speak to her standards but I know the owners at Volivoli resort and I think she is comparable to Sera ni Wai for sure. PM me if you would like any more details.

I'm looking for feedback on these two liveaboard operations. Nai'i receives consistent top reviews, but I can't find anything recent about the Aggressor. It sounds like it had a number of issues a couple of years ago. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can't speak to Nai'i, but I did the Fiji Aggressor in May of this year. It was my 8th liveaboard adventure and my 5th Aggressor boat, so I know a bit about the lifestyle. The ship is nice, as are all of the Aggressor boats that I've been on. She did however need some TLC, but we were told that the vessel was going in for an overhaul right after our cruise. The crew was great, friendly and knowledgeable. I was on the boat with 9 other friends, and pretty much our only real complaint was the $300 USD port tax, (for a total of $6000 Fiji dollars), that we had to pay and the end of the charter. It was a major rip-off, the pier was a dilapidated concrete mess of a structure. If they are collecting this fee from every sailing, that is a lot of money!

We have been on both the Nai'i and the Fiji Siren, as well as other Aggressors. We had a really good trip on the Nai'i, although when we went there were very few of us on board and some crew vs management issues. The boat, the diving, and the food were all good though. The Siren was an absolutely beautiful boat. No comparison. We went shortly after her maiden voyage, though, and they were still working out the food issues. The chef was terrible then. I'd imagine they've made changes since then. The diving was comparable on the two boats - it is Fiji! For the record, after being on some of the fabulous boats we've been on, I am not sure I would go on another Aggressor.

Just back from a week on the Fiji Aggressor under new ownership. They CANCELLED the original route towards Lomaiviti Island Group for dives at the islands of Gau and Wakaya and instead took us for a week diving Kadavu Island really dismal. Nothing to see, no fish and just a few hard corals. Boring as hell!! Not worth the 3,000 USD price tag. Not worth diving at all. BEWARE of the FIJI AGGRESSOR. The route currently advertised on their website is NOT what you will get !! See my jpeg for details

Attachments

• Aggressor Fiji Route Changes.jpg
    Aggressor Fiji Route Changes.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 144

Back
Top Bottom