Fiji Airways Baggage Allowances

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Business class is another matter. I fly economy.
I'm going to Taveuni in August - flying business class and booked as LAX to TVU. Here is what my baggage allowance shows as:
View attachment 711607
Yes, business class is another matter, at least to NAN. I fly economy on dive trips. Wish I could do better, but my $900 airfare would instead be $3900 for the same flights, and $2400 if I picked different flights. Since my wife and two adutl kids are also going, that would be an $5000-$12000 premium for business class.

Here is what I was talking about, from their website at the moment:

*As part of our Travel Ready Covid-19 safety programme, our Cabin Baggage allowance has been amended. You may carry the allowance stated below, however, your personal item needs to be included in the 1 (in economy), or 2 pieces (in Business), and not in addition to it.

The checked bags are not an issue. I just pay for an extra if I need it. It is the camera gear and other stuff that I want in the cabin that makes life difficult.

We flew Fiji in nov 2019 LAX to Fiji then to Brisbane and back by the same route. We too were shocked how small their allowance of carry-on is; however, in reality they did not check carry-on weight and many people had carry-ons obviously heavier than allowed.

Yes, business class is another matter, at least to NAN. I fly economy on dive trips. Wish I could do better, but my $900 airfare would instead be $3900 for the same flights, and $2400 if I picked different flights. Since my wife and two adutl kids are also going, that would be an $5000-$12000 premium for business class.

*As part of our Travel Ready Covid-19 safety programme, our Cabin Baggage allowance has been amended. You may carry the allowance stated below, however, your personal item needs to be included in the 1 (in economy), or 2 pieces (in Business), and not in addition to it.

The checked bags are not an issue. I just pay for an extra if I need it. It is the camera gear and other stuff that I want in the cabin that makes life difficult.
Understood - I’m doing this trip solo or would not be flying business either!

Hey there - I have the same question as to the "strict-ness" of the carry on rules... we are leaving next Wednesday (March 30) to Beqa Lagoon - have read a lot of mixed reviews on whether they weigh or don't weigh carry on bags... our flights are not terribly full at this point - we'll see next week. Curious if anyone has traveled on Fiji Airways in the last month or so and could report out.. we are leaving from/to LAX. Mostly want to keep camera gear and fragile stuff in the carry on.

Got back last week. My experience:
- For the LAX-NAN flight (and the return flight) they did not seem to care about carry-ons. Saw many people with two bags, including rolling backs that likely were over 15lbs. Didn't see any carry-ons being weighted.
- For the domestic flights (Suva-Taveuni and Taveuni-NAN), they did not weigh carry-ons separately. They weighed me with my carry-on (and my vest), but didn't weigh the bag. There isn't anywhere on the plane to store something larger than a backpack, so I suspect a roller bag would need to go with other luggage and could get weighed separately.

In Fiji now. LAX to NAN only, no local flight connection. Sport Package got us two bags each. One bag at 66 pounds and one bag at 50. No weighing of any carry-on baggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom