FG Price increase this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
With the price of oil over $103 a barrel and The new Oil Bourse being formed where oil producing countries agree to only sell oil to countries that pay in Euros what is the expected price for the FG trip this summer going to be I wonder?

If they do a price increase they will send out letters and email. Nothing yet and I have not even heard a rumbling of it. What I do know is in the past when they had a price increase people who had already paid did not have to pay the increase. My advice to people looking to book a trip is to go ahead and book it at the current rate just in case.

If they do a price increase they will send out letters and email. Nothing yet and I have not even heard a rumbling of it. What I do know is in the past when they had a price increase people who had already paid did not have to pay the increase. My advice to people looking to book a trip is to go ahead and book it at the current rate just in case.

Thanks Debraw for the heads up. If one is planning a FG trip this year I think the prudent thing to do is lock in the price right now.

Thanks again Debraw

The Spree did increase prices this year, from $550 to $575 for the 2-day weekend trip, for example. They are also booking more 3 and 4 day trips as opposed to 2 day trips.

We are trying very hard to change the operations to avoid a price increase or fuel surcharge. The prices on the Spree did indeed increase $25 this year, in the form of increased commissions to the dive shop. Neither boat went up for fuel. The Spree is trying more 3 and 4 day trips, running slightly slower, trying our Florida schedule (we don't dive till 8 AM) in the Flower Gardens, etc. to control the price. Additionally, the Spree will not run with less than 12 divers. Before you flame me about the shortened surface interval, almost everyone (all but 2 last year) who comes on the Spree uses a dive computer, and we let the diver take advantage of it. We no longer have a minimum surface interval, but a "dive window", meaning everyone must be off the boat within 20 minutes of the opening. If you are an 1 1/2 hour flower gardens diver on your particular tank, get in first. Rebreather divers are encouraged to get in first and come up with the last OC diver to get the most benefit of their unit. We are making an attempt to treat our customers as adults who are certified, independant divers rather than school children that must be coddled and looked after. We'll see how it works out.

Within your message/post, I don't see any need for flaming. If anything, it looks like thanks are in order for treating people as adults. Cool. You don't see that too often anymore.

Within your message/post, I don't see any need for flaming. If anything, it looks like thanks are in order for treating people as adults. Cool. You don't see that too often anymore.

Yea not when it comes to dealing with you!! :eyebrow:

Nobody asked you Tex!
Call me if you wanna go diving tomorrow. Maybe I can hold your head underwater for a while and readjust that attitude. :11:

Nobody asked you Tex!
Call me if you wanna go diving tomorrow. Maybe I can hold your head underwater for a while and readjust that attitude. :11:

......... :rofl3: :D

Wish I could go, AND I would,,,,but car shopping with one of my 3 tomm. , Mr. Co-Signer of late.

Have fun with the shopping thing. Sorry to hear about the cosigner thing. Kind of puts your head/neck on the line. Kids! Gotta luv 'em!

Back
Top Bottom