FFM Users, How Do You Wear A Hood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a cheap, no-frills Cressi FFM to work in. Was never able to get it to seal well on my bare face, so I have Otter Bay in Monterey make up a face-seal dry hood that the mask sits over. I wear this hood all year long (whether diving wet or dry) and my face stays warm and dry. Works very well.

Thanks for all of the input! Great information here!

How much of an overlap to you get betwee the mask skirt and the hood. I have a Posiedon Black Line Hood 5 mm and a Ocean Reef Neptune III and around the temples there is about 1/4"-1/8" overlap. I think there should be a greater overlap at least 1/2" but I can't get it with Posiedon. Thre are two other alternatives I'm comsidering the Waterproof H2 5/10 sandwich and the Northen Diver 6.5mm Supervent Dive Hood (Skin Face Seal). The Northen Diver seems to, at least on the picture, to come over the temples. Anyone has experiance with this issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom