Female boat owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear

NOK
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Even here in AK where there are almost as many boats as there snowmachines, I rarely hear of or see women who are the sole owners of non-paddle-powered boats (i.e. not kayaks or canoes).

I've noticed this even more since I bought the Whaler. There are a lot of women who are co-owners of their husbands' or boyfriends' boats. There are also many women who pilot boats owned by other people, either commercially or privately.

What I'm wondering is ~ how many women here own (without a male co-owner) their own fuel (or even wind) powered boat? What is it and what do you primarily use it for?

Mine's a 19' Boston Whaler with a 150HP Johnson outboard. It's primarily a dive boat, but it's also been used as a fishing boat and as a kayak transport scow :wink:

Nita_O_Res_Bay_1.jpg

Whaler_Side_Tow.jpg

Snowbear i own a power boat...it's solely in my name..though hubby use's it though. does that count? it's a bayliner 21' cuddy cabin just bought it this past May and i love it.

Are there any ladies in California that own their own boats and aren't "attached?"

Ladies....Ladies..... enought with all the chit chat where are all the pictures of you gals on your boats:)

I am the sole owner (in my LLC's name) of a 25' Privateer Renagade that I use as a dive charter boat and occasionally go see the sunset.

Rachel

2000 28' Maxuum Sport Cruiser! 6 sleepers comfortably, full kitchen, shower, and full toilet, etc. Diveable if necessary. Mostly entertainment. Awesome to go out to dinner on. Great to sit on at the dock and have a bottle or two of wine late evenings. If you have had to much a dream to sleep on.

Sold the money pit a few months ago and have never looked back. I can always rent a boat if I need to. Besides a boat like that you have to captain everywhere as it is way to big to be towed in a addition to paying extra for high-and-dry on account of the arc. Oh you ladies will get a laugh at of this. Her name was MISSDIRECTED and underneath the name it said "...And No It Is Not His!".

I think there is a pic of her in my album if you would like to check her out. She was mine outright 100% Not really boyfriends, or husbands, not just in my name for whatever reason. My hobby, my sport, my boat.

Now a boat the size of yours, and me learning a bit more about the upkeep, that I would like.

Missdirected:
Her name was MISSDIRECTED and underneath the name it said "...And No It Is Not His!".
I love it :D

When I'm fueling up the Whaler, I often get asked, "Nice boat - is it your husband's/boyfriend's?" If I have a male dive buddy along, they always assume it's theirs and compliment them.. We always get puzzled looks when the buddy answers, "It's hers :D"

Back
Top Bottom