Feet Warmers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My feet stay nice and toasty with my thick wool socks... but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered getting a heated vest.... (I don't have much natural insulation)

That being said, I'd be leery about how waterproof they are. Given that they're supposed to work in sweaty shoes, hopefully they'll keep the battery dry as moisture condenses inside your suit or incase of a leak -- No way to dump them if they're inside your suit.

But then again I'm just paranoid.

Will they handle the weight of you in your gear?

For my drysuit I have neoprene socks on the suit, and I wear a thick sock underneath it in the winter. For suits with laminate socks I have some whites mk3 socks that work wonders.

I don't think your paranoid - batteries inside drysuits seems sketchy to me also.

After seeing my Nimh battery pack cook off in my dive bag, the last thing I would want is a battery inside my drysuit. Also any heat source that can't be turned on and off from outisde the suit is another bad idea.

I have a laminate suit with the soft socks attached, I use neoprene wet suit boots over that. I'm warm enough in just a pair of normal socks.

Would have to agree that any heat source like that inside your dry suit is a bit risky.

smart wool and polarfleece liners
no batteries required.
toasty feet
i agree with the 'not advisable' advice
1 more thingy to give an "ah $hit" moment
have fun
yaeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom