Feel the need to share, but I'm such a rookie at this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been completely in awe of some of the photography skills alot of you people have shared with us. I can only wish to become as talented in the future. The little photographing experience I have has come from a 3.3mp SeaLife ReefMaster camera that belongs to my roomate(laugh it up, its true! I don't even own a camera...yet!). I don't have any photoshop, nor any other computer skills(short of typing) either - all in due time.

Here are a few pictures from a local wreck thats accessible via the beach(about 150m offshore). It was an old whiskey runner that sank over 100 years ago in about 13' of water. Vis this day was between 10-20'.

Picture_039.sized.jpg

Picture_056.sized.jpg

Picture_034.sized.jpg

Here are a few from Vortex Springs @ between 30-50'. Vis was 25-35' after all the trainee's kicked the bottom up :wink:

Picture_014.sized.jpg

Picture_016.sized.jpg

Picture_038.sized.jpg

^^ Would have been lots of fishbutt had that one fella not looked back and given me the time of day :)

Picture_024.sized.jpg

May have been better cropped?

Gimme some honest opinions? Any hope for me? LOL Gonna look into getting an Olympus C5050 or C5060 whenever I can talk myself into unloading the $$ for everything else to go with them...

Hey there!
Looks like your off to a good start. For you pictures you will need software and I can highly recommend the photoshop elements program. This is what you pictures could look like with just a little bit of work

Not bad, you show some promise!

The editted picture looks pretty nice leesa - it looks like I may have to invest in some creative programming as well.

Thanks for the comment Dee!

very nice...

i like your first picture, with the atlantic spadefish a lot

mid to long range pics are hard to take. my only advice (i am a newbie) would be to
photograph only those subjects you can get really really really close to!

H2Andy:
very nice...

i like your first picture, with the atlantic spadefish a lot

mid to long range pics are hard to take. my only advice (i am a newbie) would be to
photograph only those subjects you can get really really really close to!
and then get 10 or more pictures. One has gotta turn out:D

Thanks Andy :)

leesa - the DM actually told me to take as many pictures as possible and only expect to have 5-7 come out really well :D These were actually some of the better pics of the lot... LOL

http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/SCUBA/ The rest of the pictures can be found there, however, my roomate snapped most of the UW photos in Destin and Ft. Pickens. I can only take responsibility for half the Whiskey Wreck pics and all of the UW Vortex pics.

I also found out that my roomate has Photoshop on his comp. Goofed around with it a bit with some fairly good results bringing out the colors of the wreck in the background and lessening the blue/green tinge on all my photos. Pretty cool, I still need to get schooled on tweaking these pics though... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom