Feedback on Scubaboard since new version came online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Brother

Scuba Police
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was created by moving posts from an ongoing thread in 'The Pub'.

Feedback issues are best addressed in this forum, so that they can be addressed properly by staff.

Thank you for your contributions - it is important for Scubaboard to understand your user experience

Last edited by a moderator:

Moved these posts from an ongoing thread in 'The Pub'. The reasons for the move should be self-evident. :)

:rofl3: Ya well I am starting to feel like "THAT GUY" who has the slow connection speed and misses everything. :shakehead:

... I've been feeling like that guy ever since the "new and improved" ScubaBoard happened a couple months ago ...

... Bob (Grateful diver)

This thread was created by moving posts from an ongoing thread in 'The Pub'.

Feedback issues are best addressed in this forum, so that they can be addressed properly by staff.

Thank you for your contributions - it is important for Scubaboard to understand your user experience

... I've been feeling like that guy ever since the "new and improved" ScubaBoard happened a couple months ago ...

... Bob (Grateful diver)

Glad to see it's not just me, this is now the slowest site I frequent.......and this change was supposed to be a good thing?

Glad to see it's not just me, this is now the slowest site I frequent.......and this change was supposed to be a good thing?

Not just slow, but quirky ... I've given up complaining about it ... if it weren't such a habit for me, I'd go find something else to do with my time. I can well imagine that a lot of less-invested folks have done just that ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The site runs slow and is jerky with my Firefox platform. I realize my computer is obsolete but other forums are not this clunky.

I used to surf more sections but life is too short and other sites are faster.

At last ... something that liberals and conservatives can agree on ... ScubaBoard's last "upgrade" was actually a "downgrade".

It just took me four minutes to get to this forum ... among other things, the side panel showing the latest articles is no longer collapsible ... clicking where I used to be able to collapse it now brings me to ScubaBoard's Home page ... from which it takes about a minute just to get back to the Forums section. Oh, and the quirk of the day ... I'm in a thread, having read all of the latest "unread", am halfway through typing a response, and the damn thing suddenly whisks me back to the point at which I entered the thread. My unfinished reply is still there ... but I then have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to get back to typing it (just happened while I was typing this, in fact ... as it did earlier today in another thread).

Then there's the Edit quirk ... many times it'll display the Edit window, but won't give me a cursor to make any changes with. At that point I have to hit the refresh icon, wait for it to take me back to my last posting, and start over.

Probably a quarter of my ScubaBoard time is now spent either waiting for page loads or dealing with the "upgrade" quirks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I must be one of the lucky ones. I haven't run into hardly any problems since the upgrade and the ones I initially experienced have been resolved.

Once I blocked unwanted links and used my ad blocking SW (http://adblockplus.org/en/) to cut off all that BS, speed went back to normal. But I do miss the filter on the "New Posts" that allowed me to bypass forums I was not interested in and those that I'm just better off staying out of.

So who though this "upgrade" was really just for the users?

Reactions: Jax
I'm an unlucky one;

1) My editor/s doesn't have any visible buttons any more - all grey.
2) Site is slow and often 'times me out', especially when replying - so I have to retype everything and re-post.
3) List of 'unread posts' seems to update when I am half-way through the days new posts. When I refresh it only gives me the posts that have appeared since I started reading...so I 'lose' sight of all earlier posts - have to 're-seach' using the advanced search option.
4) Quite often seem to get '701' (I think that is the number) errors when moving through the site - that never happened before.
5) Did I mention it was slow?

Tried IE, Firefox and Chrome (latest versions) and same problems are evident in each browser.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom