February Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Member........................Dates..................Stay..........................Dive

cicpo.........................1/27 to 2/15.......Hotel Cozumel...........Tres Pelicanos
Ldavis4662................2/3 to 2/11........Residencis Reef........Liquid Blue
loudives.....................2/4 to 2/10........Sunscape Sabor........Bottomtime divers
BRT............................2/5 to 2/14........Rental House..............Tres Pelicanos
judydivescoz.............2/5 to 2/17........Corpus Christi.............Liquid Blue
Frank Storms +3.......2/5 to 2/14.........Bahia Suites...............Tres Pelicanos
love2fishfork.............2/10 to 2/17......El Cantil......................Blue-XT-Sea
king_of_battle +1......2/10 to 2/18......El Presidente..............Tres Pelicanos
gopbroek..................2/10 to 2/20......Private Home.............Tres Pelicanos
mobeachlovers.........2/12 to 2/21......Suites Colonial...........Tres Pelicanos
nwflyboy....................2/15 to 2/24.....El Presidente..............Living Underwater
Bigtank1958.............2/15 to 2/24......Hotel Cozumel.............Deep Blue
Mattom.....................2/17 to 2/24......Hotel Cozumel.............Blue Angel
Mikettt +1.................2/19 to 2/27.......Hotel Cozumel............Liquid Blue
uncfnp and Soloist...2/19 to 2/28......Casa Mexicana...........Tres Pelicanos
Mr. Nice Guy............2/24 to 3/7........Hotel Cozumel............Living Underwater
kss1dvr.....................2/25 to 3/7........Hotel Cozumel............Living Underwater
pjhansman...............2/25 to 3/7........Hotel Cozumel............Living Underwater
MMM........................All month..........Private Home..............Living Underwater
kentmorrdave...........February..........Mayaluum...................Living Underwater
grizfan......................2/17 to 2/24......Casa Mexicana............Aldora

Last edited:
Mike & Lynda Since Dominica was hit so hard, now Hotel Cozumel, Feb 2/ Feb 9 Living Under Water

Member........................Dates..................Stay..........................Dive

cicpo.........................1/27 to 2/15.......Hotel Cozumel...........Tres Pelicanos
mike jj-Mike/Lynda....2/2 to 2/9...........HotelCozumel.........Living Underwater
Ldavis4662................2/3 to 2/11........Residencis Reef.........Liquid Blue
loudives.....................2/4 to 2/10........Sunscape Sabor........Bottomtime divers
BRT............................2/5 to 2/14........Rental House..............Tres Pelicanos
judydivescoz.............2/5 to 2/17........Corpus Christi.............Liquid Blue
Frank Storms +3.......2/5 to 2/14.........Bahia Suites...............Tres Pelicanos
love2fishfork.............2/10 to 2/17......El Cantil......................Blue-XT-Sea
king_of_battle +1......2/10 to 2/18......El Presidente..............Tres Pelicanos
gopbroek..................2/10 to 2/20......Private Home.............Tres Pelicanos
mobeachlovers.........2/12 to 2/21......Suites Colonial...........Tres Pelicanos
nwflyboy....................2/15 to 2/24.....El Presidente..............Living Underwater
Bigtank1958.............2/15 to 2/24......Hotel Cozumel.............Deep Blue
grizfan......................2/17 to 2/24......Casa Mexicana............Aldora
Mattom.....................2/17 to 2/24......Hotel Cozumel.............Blue Angel
Mikettt +1.................2/19 to 2/27.......Hotel Cozumel............Liquid Blue
uncfnp and Soloist...2/19 to 2/28......Casa Mexicana...........Tres Pelicanos
Mr. Nice Guy............2/24 to 3/7........Hotel Cozumel............Living Underwater
kss1dvr.....................2/25 to 3/7........Hotel Cozumel............Living Underwater
pjhansman...............2/25 to 3/7........Hotel Cozumel............Living Underwater
MMM........................All month..........Private Home..............Living Underwater
kentmorrdave...........February..........Mayaluum...................Living Underwater

Well just under 10 days and counting for me and getting excited!

Anyone there now willing to give a mini trip report to give us later arrivals a quick Coz fix?!

Well just under 10 days and counting for me and getting excited!

Anyone there now willing to give a mini trip report to give us later arrivals a quick Coz fix?!
Well, OK, I was diving yesterday. Weather has been great for the past week or so (January was a write-off, mostly) as we seem to be back to sunny skies and flat seas. Vis has been a bit off but not unmanageable. We dived from Colombia to Palancar Bricks. Some of the dive was in sunshine and some wasn't (there was a small shower topside). Current was minor but palpable. Second dive was Santa Rosa. Some sharks, some eagle rays. Very negligible current. Pretty good photography conditions. Dives were 77 and 76 minutes respectively.

I agree with MMM. Viz has not been very good, lots of stuff in the water.
We have seen several Eagle Rays and all the other usual suspects.
Current has been variable depending on the reef, none too bad.
Water is a little chilly, I have been reading 77-79 degrees.

I have checked the temp forecasts for mid February and looks like I should pack for low 80’s to low 70’s.

I have checked the temp forecasts for mid February and looks like I should pack for low 80’s to low 70’s.
Sounds about right. It is sunny on and off today and I just checked the thermometer at our front door: 24C in the shade, mid-afternoon.

In general we've had the best weather of any trip & we usually come at the same time every year. Didn't see many large fish though nor as many larger turtles. Saw several sizes of Eagle Rays & a few reef sharks too. Not having my camera (it died due to age/use) wasn't so bad considering what I like to photograph.

Just bad luck probably. Today I saw a loggerhead turtle and another big green turtle. And a couple of big groupers and barracuda. And an eagle ray at our safety stop. All on Paso de cedral. And lots of itty-bitty things.

Didn't see many large fish though nor as many larger turtles. Saw several sizes of Eagle Rays & a few reef sharks too. Not having my camera (it died due to age/use) wasn't so bad considering what I like to photograph.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom