February Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
February 2018, that is.

Just booked our flights to Mexico for February 2018 (yes, I like to plan ahead).
Diving with Living Underwater and our stay will be split between the Hotel Cozumel and the Intercontinental El Presidente.

Can't wait!

Definitely.

We're paying for our stay at the Intercontinental using a combination of hotel points, free night certificates and cash - but even with all the tricks it's still not exactly cheap (though it's certainly very nice!). To take the edge off the total cost, we like to start for a few days at the Hotel Cozumel (non-AI, of course - just breakfasts), which is quite reasonably priced, comfy enough, and we like the location (not quite in the middle of town, but easy walking distance). We typically use Hotel Coz for our arrival night and a few days to ease into things (the big pool is great to help get over the shock of 80 degree weather in February), then after a few days we switch to the more spendy Intercontinental. Worked out for us nicely that way this past February. Easy pick-up and drop off at the docks for both.

Thanks, cicopo - nice photos on the Hotel Cozumel - and very comprehensive! We were there about 4 weeks ago - and I've actually stayed there about a half dozen times over the past 25 years (through several name changes) so I'm pretty familiar with the place. Your photos tell the story well. Interesting to look back at some of the older shots from earlier visits. I don't recall ever seeing the mosquito netting over the beds before (and I never had any issues with bugs in my rooms there). It's a nice place, I like staying there (although the Intercontinental is certainly nice, too - though too long a walk to town for me these days). Thanks for the photo link!

Well maybe we were both there at the same time. I was there Feb 1-15.

Jan 27 thru Feb 17, Hotel Cozumel, Tres Pelicanos plus hopefully a few days with Challenge Diving to spend some time with Eric.

Feb 25 thru March 7, Hotel Cozumel and Living Underwater

February 2018, that is.

Just booked our flights to Mexico for February 2018 (yes, I like to plan ahead).
Diving with Living Underwater and our stay will be split between the Hotel Cozumel and the Intercontinental El Presidente.

Can't wait!

Minor modification to my original pans: we decided to splurge and will be staying at the Intercontinental El Presidente for the whole trip, rather than starting with a few days at the Hotel Cozumel then moving down the road. No knocks against the Hotel Coz, we just figured a way to pay for the first few days at the Intercontinental El Presidente with points, so we're going to simplify things by staying there the whole time (making the check-out/check-in switch on a diving day was a little complicated). I'm sure we will stay at the Hotel Cozumel on a future trip.

One the plus side, well, the Intercontinental El Presidente is a beautiful hotel, really comfy. And we should have 9 nights there for around US$800 out-of-pocket (via a creative combination of various hotel and airline loyalty points), which I regard as an insanely awesome deal.
The downside: no included breakfast buffet (we will manage, probably a healthier choice given the meals we will be enjoying every night in town) and no easy walk into town in the evenings (we will cab it, and try to find some other way to work off the meal calories).

Still diving with Living Underwater. Still can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom