February 2019 itinerary help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to throw my 2 cents in.

I fly from Canada to Phils 2-3 times a year. I try to avoid Manila airport as much as I can. There are direct flights to Cebu from HK, Narita, Taipei, and Seoul. I usually do a HK or Taipei route. Philippine Airlines has some awesome deals sometimes, but airport in Manila always stresses me out. There are non stop flights to air hubs in Asia from TO, less stops, less security checks, less hustles.

About diving itinerary for 3 weeks.
Pick 3 spots out of 4 that I would recommend.
Anilao, 3 hour car transfer from Manila. Blue Ribbon Resort was really nice.
Malapasqua, 3 hour car transfer from Cebu plus 1/2 hour ferry. Thresher Shark Divers and stay at Tapanee Resort.
Dauin, short flight from Manila or Cebu plus 45 minutes car transfer. Pura Vida resort.
South Leyte, 3 hour ferry from Cebu, plus 1.5 hour car transfer. Peter's Dive resort was great.

Try not to be in Philippines on major religious holidays, Christmas or Easter. Also for car transfers, traffic on Saturdays and Sundays is much better.

I avoid Bohol and Moalbaol. Too many divers, reefs are getting killed by people standing on them.

Wow. Indeed a shame re: Moalboal. Not 5 yrs ago friends went there and said it was quiet. It sounds like a zoo now. Too bad so many don’t respect the reef. I am rethinking and maybe will divert to Leyte instead of Moalboal. Thank you for your 2 cents. worth more than that to me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom