February 15th PV Inshore Boat Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm counting 6 so far, that's half the boat already on the Sea Bass. The rest of you Beach Crabs wanting to go better sign up fast.

I just edited my first post, we've got 13 spots instead of the normal 12 so bring on the additional Beach Crab!

We've got a few others who have already paid, my count is 9 so speak up people and show your participation!

Billy

Sorry Billy but SC put me on it this time but I will be on the Magician on the 17th of Jan. maybe you can join me than.

John

I'm in. Thanks for the invite Empty V. Look forward to getting to dive with the crew.

Sweet, glad you're on board and welcome to the Beach Crabs! Now maybe after over a year of talking about diving together we might actually be able to do it! Allright Beach Crabs, only a couple of spots left who's gonna grab em?

Billy

So Here's my count

1. Rex
2. Nicole
3. Stephen
4. Bryan
5. Greg
6. Dave
7. Dave's lovely Bride
8. Iggy
9. Sarah
10. Jamie
11. Billy
12. ?
13. ?

There are a few that are still thinking about it. This is going to be a great trip, too bad it's 37 Days, 11 hours(I'm on the east coast right now), and 14 minutes away! This sucks!

I just bought my spot.See you all on the boat!

Hells yeah, Jamie made it on! Now where's Nick at?

So I just got an email from Captain Richard and it looks like we'll be back at the dock between 3 and 4 depending on how the day goes.

Quick story: This shows you how good(maybe how lucky) the crew is.

I've been on the Sea Bass once before. I jumped on with Xtreme Scuba out of Ventura on a trip to Farnsworth Banks. I was sitting on the bench on the starboard side of the boat gearing up, I turned to my left o help my buddy and unknowingly knocked my fin right off the side. Man I was pissed, those fins cost me $200(what a rip for a piece of molded rubber)! On top of that there weren't any spare fins on the boat that fit me. That day there was probably 80ft+ of vis too. So the deckhand/DM on the boat had an idea, he tied a softweight to some cave line and dropped it off the side. I borrowed some fins from a diver on his SI and followed the line down in an attempt to find the fin. I used to have these black and white striped twin jets so they're pretty easy to spot. When I hit about 40fsw I saw them right next to the weight in 90fsw. I totally expected it to catch sail and take off into the depths but no, it landed right below the boat. Needless to say I was pretty stoked.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom