Feb. ScubaBoard KeyLargo Getaway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frogman48

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Everyone! Special Announcement!!

World Watersports and Divers Direct Pro Shops have teamed up with Blue Water Divers and Marina Del Mar Resort and Marina to offer a special Key Largo Weekend Getaway Dive Package for our ScubaBoard friends on a monthly basis in 2006.

Our first Getaway Weekend is coming up this February – just in time for Valentine's Day…well, okay, a few days afterwards, but it’s the thought that counts right? Here’s the details:

Dates: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – February 17, 18, and 19

Weekend Dive Package Includes:

6 Dives with Blue Water Divers of Key Largo – (tanks and weights are included)
• 2-Tank Saturday AM Dive and 2-Tank Saturday PM Dive
• 2-Tank Sunday AM Dive

2 Nights Accommodations at Marina Del Mar Resort & Marina
(Friday and Saturday Night)
Standard Room (2 dbl. beds or 1 King)

In-Room Amenities Include:
* coffee maker
* hair dryer
* iron and ironing board
* central A/C
* alarm/radio clock
* cable color TV
* medium size refrigerator
* Spanish tile floors
* Complimentary Continental Breakfast
* Pet friendly rooms
* Coconuts restaurant and lounge on site
* heated swimming pool and whirlpool
* fitness center
* two lighted tennis courts
* children under 16 no additional charge
* Easy and short walk to dive boat
Total Package Cost – INCLUDING ALL Hotel and Sales Taxes…$271.64

Booking and payments will be handled through Brent Hilliard of Blue Water Divers:
(305) 453-9600 or (888) 953-9600.

The booking deadline for the February trip is January 14.
Space is limited to 8 divers so call or PM KeyLargoBrent today to reserve your space!

Web References: www.bluewaterdiver.net www.marinadelmarkeylargo.com
Brent’s E-mail: keylargobrent@hotmail.com

Howard,
the dive sites will be selected based on the composition and certification levels of the divers joining us for the weekend - and of course the weather conditions prevailing at the time. Typically, Brent does a variety of wrecks and reefs throughout the Key Largo area including the Speigel Grove, the Duane, shallow and mid-level reefs, etc. He has a great reputation for working with his guests and taking them to the best sites available for the current conditions and their preferences.

I wish I would have known sooner. We just booked those same dates in Fort Lauderdale. I would have loved to come down and dive with fellow SBers.

Frogman - one last question...

Is it possible to join in for the diving without the hotel package? If so... how much would that be? We have a place we can stay (and use reward points, so it's free)

Thanks!

Howard,
I would suggest calling Brent directly about the diving only option. If we get close to January 14 and have some spots still availableI think he'll be open to the idea of giving you a dive-only price.

I'll be seeing him on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week and ask him for you.

By the way, I'm also making arrangements for some great bounce-back coupons and some other special stuff next door at World Watersports for those ScubaBoarders that go on these monthy getaways with us! I'm also talking with some of our vendors about bringing along some of their products that we can try out on the dives...that should be fun too!

Bikefox,
Don't give up on the idea! We're going to do this every month this year! If you want to do some advance planning here are the dates for the rest of the year...I'll also be posting them in more detail a little later in the forums.

These are all Friday, Saturday, Sunday Weekend Getaways!
March: 17, 18, 19
April: 28, 29, 30
May: 12,13, 14
June: 23, 24, 25
July: 14, 15, 16
August: 11, 12, 13
September: 22, 23, 24
October: 20, 21, 22
November: 10, 11, 12
December: 8, 9, 10

Hope you can make one or more of them!!

I'm assuming the price is based on double occupancy... Seeing as I'm usually flying solo - any opportunity for pairing up other singles - or is there singles supplement pricing?

-Tim

June, July or August. All of those dates should work. I'll start working on getting it done. Look forward to meeting some of you.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom