Feb 10 SB dinner meeting - Los Otates. Y'all come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holbox streets were flooded, but they're digging ditches.

Directly across the alley on the north side of the building is Omar's bar. It's much nicer place to sit and you can still order the same food. If you plan ahead and ask Omar he can probably reserve a section for the group.
Same food, nicer atmosphere.
Sorry I won't be able to make it, I will be home by then.

I like the way you think :wink:

:( Why oh why didn’t I plan the trip for earlier in the month!

Sounds like a great party. Hate we will miss it.

I hate that you will miss it too! We'll be thinking of you :flowers:

OK. I'll take Cozumel then :)

And not Lake Michigan? Which brings a new dimension to 'shore diving' in Marquette Park, Gary, Indiana. The picnic table would be an ideal place to gear up.

Perhaps a good time to test the cold water tolerance of your regs?

SOUTHERN LAKE MICHIGAN WATER TEMPERATURES
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL
904 AM CST Tue Jan 29 2019

LAKE MICHIGAN WATER TEMPERATURES...

CHICAGO SHORE......34.
CHICAGO CRIB..........32.
MICHIGAN CITY..........32.

Lake Michigan 2019-01-27 at 2.19.24 PM.png

Sorry to hear your knee gives you that much trouble Don. Is it really a cowboy knee???
I refer to my right as my football knee as it was injured playing in high school, but the surgery went great - never bothered me. I've been kicked by hundreds of cattle over my years, but one time in the 1980s a pregnant heifer got a lucky kick right on my left knee that sounded like a rifle shot, and I collapsed. My brother started dragging me, I protested, and he let me know that the whole trailer load of pregnant heifers had turned without my backup, heading my way. That scared me so much that I jumped up, grabbed the corral fence, and climbed - instantly without pain, until a years ago. X-rays show a lack of cartilage. Whether it was really the kick or just old age is up for speculation.

Hell, that doesn't sound very cowboy! I thought maybe we could pair up and do some team roping :cool:

Hell, that doesn't sound very cowboy! I thought maybe we could pair up and do some team roping :cool:
I've handled thousands of cattle with the best as well as alone at times, riding thru plenty of mesquite brush with unforgiving thorns in the breaks below the plains, keeping herds alive in snowstorms on the high plains, tracking escapees thru all kinds of terrain, and so forth. I never rodeoed or roped as it just didn't fit our style. Dad used to rope on occasion until the wreck that almost killed him. Damned good horse got spooked by something, and he ended up hanging upside down tangled.

We'll have stories to swap :)

Don , wife and I are headed to Los Otates probably Friday
I’ll check with the guys there about the bar. The bar is not real big but we have been served food there. I won’t confirm any plans, that’s on you!

Back
Top Bottom