Features for the next generation CCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, CE even prevents him exporting I believe

Its a shame as Bob didn't run it as a business and I'm not sure he actually ever made a profit, as he was always tinkering and improving things. Many Thanks "Big Brother" for reporting him to the authorities and removing the main source of safety improvements to the unit we all love

I wish I was rich, cos I'd pay to have the bits CE'd (they'd pass easily) just to keep Bob going. I have at least one of everything Bob has produced for the yellow box, and can honestly say everyone of them was an improvement over the item they replaced and I would buy every single one of them again

Yet again we are poorer due to pen pushers:upset:

Maybe we should start a "Save the Bob" fund and campaigne

Just checked again, there are BCs that don't have the lift capacity label and hence no CE mark. They are 'for export only', yet got tested by German diev mags. Also, it would mean that it is illegal for European companies to manufacture to an export standard that is different than the CE. I rather doubt that. So maybe there is hope for ... the rest of the world. :rolleyes:

You know, with all those requirements for certification you'd think some moron would have thought to include an OC/DSV ... then again, that would have required some sign of intelligence. :upset:

I don't believe non Britain destined produts need CE certification.

I just got my bob DSV/OC 2 weeks ago and it is just a thing of beauty.

I will check with Bob and see if he can export me another one, then maybe I can do a trade with someone for a new AP ADV and we can settle any money differences......

If thats so, then you guys could buy stuff from Bob, and we could buy it from you and personally import it back into England

Bloody stupid system, but hey, if it lets Bob make some money, and design more gadjects then I'm all for it

I supose Bob could always sell me second had used equipment. Thats not covered by CE, Or He could donate it to the Diver Mole site for testing, and I could buy some very very expensve O rings from him

... the CE certification is definitely not required for sales outside of the EU. :D

Hopefully, this could be some kind of loophole whereby one could still obtain Bob's products here in Europe. E.g. by buying them in the US and importing them for one's own use ... Yeah, someone could make a living out of this ... :boom:

K.

Well, if that is the case, then I am willing to buy a few goodies to be shipped here and ship them to you, and I am in the market for an AP ADV and spare 02 cylinder with the burst disc.

Back
Top Bottom