FB down, glad I’ve got SB to read at lunch. :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like all FB's holdings are down. There's always Viber, Signal, Telegram, Google voice, ....

yeah, like those are helpful when the folks you want to reach only use FB Messenger. Trying to get cell numbers out of some of them is difficult.

Land line? I’d expect phone use but not landline. Glad I’ve been getting the cell numbers of some people I’ve only used Messenger to communicate with.
Land lines are still in use much more of what people like to admit. Of course there are age ranges that do not use land lines but some others, like elderly people that still use them, of course beside companies and call centers.
But it's not only land lines, but also cel lines. People seems not want to speak to each other. People prefers texts. "Read what I have to say" Instead of talking.
This brings to my memory the Pink Floyd song Keep talking based in a text written for a BT television advertisment.

I have customers that communicate with me using facebook messenger. I don't particularly care for it, but sometimes you have to tolerate things like that. I had a person get in touch with me this morning via this method and have been having problems since getting information to and from him. Le sigh.

Land line? I’d expect phone use but not landline. Glad I’ve been getting the cell numbers of some people I’ve only used Messenger to communicate with.
I do have a landline for my business, which is my preferred method of communication.

We also have a personal "landline" except that it is VOiP. The only reason we have it is because my wife's 82 year old mother uses it to call her. The majority of calls we get on it are spam/scam calls or wrong numbers from people calling a local supermarket whose number is one digit off from ours.

I do have a landline for my business, which is my preferred method of communication.

We also have a personal "landline" except that it is VOiP. The only reason we have it is because my wife's 82 year old mother uses it to call her. The majority of calls we get on it are spam/scam calls or wrong numbers from people calling a local supermarket whose number is one digit off from ours.
The company where I work provide land lines as part of a Triple Play service. It's a Cable Operator.

yeah, like those are helpful when the folks you want to reach only use FB Messenger. Trying to get cell numbers out of some of them is difficult.
Well people should be smarter than that. Servers do go down. To limit communication to FB messenger is not smart when it comes to important contacts. As many people use different means of communication, I try to have every app possible.

Businesses would be smart to post extensive means of contact

Well people should be smarter than that. Servers do go down. To limit communication to FB messenger is not smart when it comes to important contacts. As many people use different means of communication, I try to have every app possible.

Businesses would be smart to post extensive means of contact

Well, hopefully this will get the friends to change their minds!

I deleted the facebook in 2008 when Sandberg got hired and she used the words "algorithm" and "advertising" in an interview.

Have they tried turning it off and then turning it back on again?
It took them a while, but that's exactly how they ended up fixing it

Gone in Minutes, Out for Hours: Outage Shakes Facebook

A small team of employees was soon dispatched to Facebook’s Santa Clara, Calif., data center to try a “manual reset” of the company’s servers, according to an internal memo.

Back
Top Bottom