FB down, glad I’ve got SB to read at lunch. :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1633459528004.png

I dropped out of facebook in 2016. Too many scary people out there.

Geez, I thought cloud computing was designed to address this.
"The Cloud" is just a buzzword that means "other people's computers". They might have more servers and a budget for engineers, but they don't actually care about your data. Nobody should rely on the cloud for backups or mission-critical data. It's like the AWS outage last year, they've centralized and centralized to the point that human error can cause wide-scale outages that are very difficult to fix.

I've really been enjoying the incompetent tech journalist takes on "multiple services" being down. FB, Whatsapp, and Instagram are just Facebook in three different costumes, of course they all use the same servers.

They should hire me to manage their systems, I'd start with 'rm -rf /*' to make things spicy.

"The Cloud" is just a buzzword that means "other people's computers". They might have more servers and a budget for engineers, but they don't actually care about your data. Nobody should rely on the cloud for backups or mission-critical data. It's like the AWS outage last year, they've centralized and centralized to the point that human error can cause wide-scale outages that are very difficult to fix.

I've really been enjoying the incompetent tech journalist takes on "multiple services" being down. FB, Whatsapp, and Instagram are just Facebook in three different costumes, of course they all use the same servers.

They should hire me to manage their systems, I'd start with 'rm -rf /*' to make things spicy.
Not having backup servers in different parts of the world just isn't very smart.

Judging by the ROTFLMAO Smilie, I think @wetb4igetinthewater was being sarcastic.
Don't forget the bickerfests in which I've unfortunately participated!

Back
Top Bottom